Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
nc-130 disc rotation (Read 4356 times)
so666

nc-130 disc rotation
May 24th, 2013 at 9:36am
Print Post  
does anyone know if an icon for the disc rotation panel is in the c130 packs,as i know the panel is there,but it is hidden,i know how to get it on view always by editing one of the panels.cfg file.
the panel is ( gauge00=cs.c130.awacs!awacs, ).
there are 5 panels that have this gauge in them,but no icon button.
if none exists,then if capt sim can give info as to what is needed to edit the cfg file to call the panel up,that would be nice,if need be i can always make my own button using paint shop pro.
else i will just have to do it by trial and error.
alan.  Smiley

IP Logged

so666

Re: nc-130 disc rotation
Reply #1 - May 27th, 2013 at 8:46pm
Print Post  
i found a way of getting this panel to show or hide,i have got it to work using the tcas/weather rader icon.
the edit turned out to be very simple.
now i can turn the rotating antenna to stop or rotate in either of its to speed modes.
I have also figured out how to get this to work in a classic or eicas panel for the nc130,the only problem is you need two versions of nc130 1 eicas and 1 classic aircraft.
the eicas in the vc also works but uses the classic panel model,so you have two tcas/weather radars.
if capsim give the thumbs up,for me to go into details on here,then i can copy and paste the parts i modded.
also haveing had to reinstall eveything due to recently adding the c130t and ac130e to my fleet,i had to figure out what was causing crash to desktop on the L100-30 and the other -30`s models.
2 files where in the wrong format.
these are c130_c14_t and c130_c17_t,these where converted by me to dxt3 16bit useing a programe called dxt.bmp by maws graphics,this stopped the crash to desk top.
alan. Cool

IP Logged

so666

Re: nc-130 disc rotation
Reply #2 - Jun 12th, 2013 at 11:44am
Print Post  
capt sim have not responded to my previous post so i am assuming its ok to give instructions on these mods to the c130,so you can get a classic or eicas panel into the nc130 and not have the blank panel in vc mode and also you get an extra popup panel for the disc rotation on top of the nc130 fuselage.
first thing to do if you wish to have both variants is to edit the aircraft config using note pad as follows:-

[fltsim.19]
title=CS Legendary C130 Extra Pack 4
sim=C130
model=12b
panel=
sound=
texture=us_space_eicas
kb_checklists=
kb_reference=
atc_id=130
atc_airline=US
atc_flight_number=US
atc_heavy=
ui_manufacturer="Captain Sim"
ui_type="NC-130H 'Hercules'"
ui_variation="US Space Command eicas"
ui_typerole=""
ui_createdby=""
description="Legendary C-130 Extra Pack v1.1\n(c) 2008 Captain Sim www.captainsim.com"
flg=USA
ui1=1600
ui5=1

next make a copy of texture=us_space and rename it as:-

texture=us_space_eicas

then using c130 ace select the new aircraft and select the eicas panel and save. then exit c130 ace

in the new texture=us_space_eicas rename the following two files as follows:-

main_c_L to main_digit_L
main_digit_L to main_c_L

these two files control night lighting on the vc centre panel

then you need to make two new panels by copying and pasting and renaming the following files:-

copy and paste panel and rename it as panel.nc
then copy and paste panel.g and rename it panel.nce

then edit both new panel files using notepad as follows :-

scroll down to [window15] and edit ident=12899 to ident=11004

[Window15]
Background_color=16,16,16
size_mm=205,66
position=2
visible=0
ident=11004
//ident=12899
gauge00=cs.c130.awacs!awacs, 0, 0, 205, 66

then using notepad edit panel.nce as follows:-

scroll down to [VCockpit03] and edit file=main_digit and texture=$main_digit so it looks like this

[VCockpit03]
file=main_c.bmp
size_mm=1024,1024
pixel_size=1024,1024
texture=$main_c

then using notepad edit aircraft.cfg and edit panel lines so panel becomes panel.nc and panel.g becomes panel.nce

then in panel.nce rename main_digit bmp to main_c bmp

now you have two versions of the nc130 one classic panel one eicas panel,both with radar disc spin control,to bring up the spin control panel click on rdr icon in flight deck,the new panel shows in the top righthand of fltdeck above the radar tcas panel both open and close with the same icon control.

the reason for renaming digit to c on the bmps is to kid the aircraft model which is hard coded so it has to think its looking for the classic panel on the new eicas,it means the vc has two tcas gauges but all gauges work.

as yet this method does not work on the -30 models

this method should also work with fsx if capt sim have not  fixed it already.

Cool alan.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top