Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
 10 New to FSX Weapons with a question (Read 21492 times)
Xpel

Re: New to FSX Weapons with a question
Reply #15 - May 13th, 2014 at 9:33am
Print Post  
I just checked here today. Imageshack has disabled images.
You may download this one : https://app.box.com/s/zd6ij1q9dy5mimracmd7

Includes read_me html with fotos.

IP Logged

TerrolTMA

Reply #16 - May 22nd, 2014 at 7:10pm
Print Post  
I bought the software by yesterday. It installed without any problems on non Standard place. I have multible instances of FSX running on the same machione and some housekeeping for the appdata, roaming etc.
files. Reason for this is software development.
In addiotion my installations are on a Win 7 German 64bit OS, FS is German and Spanish ACC, so additional Problems.
Problem was:  Loader was directed to the wrong FS.
OK: there is a Flight 1 registry tool and a Batch that should correct the reg entry:
hkey local machine\Software\Microsoft\Microsoft games\\Flight Simulator\10.0 mit SetupPath regSZ <your path>

That one is not used by the loader on a 64 bit system

instead you need to use:
hkey local machine\Software\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Microsoft games\\Flight Simulator\10.0

I know at least some other software that also reacts like that and does only read the WOW6432Node entry.

Hope that helped anybody.

IP Logged

Peter Gosling

Reply #17 - Oct 26th, 2014 at 12:35pm
Print Post  
ok can anyone help
I paid for cs weapon but every time i install weapons on any aircraft with the loader it screws up the textures leaving the plane black with a corrupted vc. Have searched for 2 days for an answer and am getting the feeling i've been ripped off.
would have posted images but have to make 10 normal posts first wtf!!!!!

IP Logged

Xpel

Reply #18 - Oct 26th, 2014 at 4:34pm
Print Post  
The CS F-18 works ok with your install ?
And what you describe happens with any plane ? Not just with few ?

I don't know if there was something wrong with installation or in case you're in OS Win8, but try this :

After you install weapon with the loader (must run both loader & FSX afterwards as administrator), open plane's folder inside FSX and from aiplane's "panel" folder, copy all files except "panel.cfg" and paste them in "panel.csweapon" folder. Run FSX (as admin) & see if it works for you.

IP Logged

CaptNemo

Reply #19 - Nov 9th, 2014 at 8:38pm
Print Post  
Hi all!
I am new here, I did buy "Weapon for FSX" some days ago, but I cannot get it working. Also, I cannot start a new Topic, why? I have registered an account. Therefore I have to place my questions here.

My computer is an Acer Aspire XC600 with Windows 8.1 64-bit and with 12 GB RAM, and I have FSX Acceleration installed on D:.

At first I did install Weapon directly as a user in my FSX installation, but it did not work. I un-installed it and re-installed it as administrator, run weapons loader "loader.exe" in "D:\Mina program\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Captain_Sim\weapon" as administrator loading Cessna C172 (the Cessna being simple to fly while learning to handle the weapons). Then running FSX as administrator. "Weapon for FSX" behaved in the same way in both installation cases.

In both cases the C172 was called "armed" when choosing aircraft in Free Flight. While standing on the runway with engine running I opended the Weapon Control Panel. It appeared as expected at the bottom of the screen. When mouse-flipping on the Weapon Master Switch the panel lights up and the number of rounds shows 0000. It stays at 0000 for every weapon I select with the Weapon Type Select Switch. Also no reaction on the Ctrl+Something keyboard commands. And when I press the space bar only a small cross appears in the middle of my screen, but nothing more happens. For the joystick button 1 nothing at all happens. If I take off and tries the Control Panel in the air, the same behavior.

I did also try the HUD. When I tick "Views/Instrument panel/HUD" nothing happens. When I tick "Views/Instrument panel/HUD glass" I can see an empty glassplate. Byt there are no symbols of any kind on it.

When I try the armed F/A-18 I have the same behaviour in the Weapon Control Panel (rounds 000 and no reaction on the Ctrl+Something keyboard commands), and the Weapon HUD is empty.

Can anyone tell me, what kind of error I have made?

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #20 - Nov 10th, 2014 at 2:03am
Print Post  
Maybe your activation failed and Weapon for FSX isn't working correctly. Sad

Do a complete uninstall/reinstall as described in KB #685, and use the Manual Offline Activation - it is easy to do and I use it ALL the time now - instead of Instant Online Activation. Wink

Note. I will ask Tanya to move this to a better topic so that this one remains on topic. Wink

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 8GB RTX 2070 | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

CaptNemo

Reply #21 - Nov 10th, 2014 at 9:20am
Print Post  
Thank you for the advice! My "weapon" is working now. The number of rounds is greater than zero, and I can fire guns and rockets from my Cessna.

I will probably come back for more advices concerning gun lineup and HUD functions, but at first I have to experiment a little.

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #22 - Nov 10th, 2014 at 9:41am
Print Post  
If you open the CSWeapon.xml file, you can replace the <Unlimited>0</Unlimited> entries with <Unlimited>1</Unlimited> and that will give you unlimited ammo. That way you can fly for longer without the need to "reload" the aircraft to replenish the ammo. Grin

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 8GB RTX 2070 | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top