Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Elevator Movement, small features (Read 3337 times)
Jettrader

Elevator Movement, small features
Apr 18th, 2013 at 8:55pm
Print Post  
Here are just a few details from my Tristar-Book:

Will different engine aft spoilers be included?

Elevator deflection on the model? The whole stabilizer is moveable (currently not modeled) - Would be nice to see this included

Aileron with DLC/ACS active at +5° neutral position - spoilers extended... a working DLC or at least a "looking like it's working DLC" would be nice to have. Also on the current model there are no spoilerons/spoiler assistet roll

IP Logged

Jettrader

Re: Elevator Movement, small features
Reply #1 - Apr 18th, 2013 at 9:13pm
Print Post  
and look what I just found: MASSIVE TECHNICAL DOCUMENTATION

http://freechecklists.net/Resources/Lockheed/L1011%20500%20Tristar/

IP Logged

Avantime

Reply #2 - Apr 19th, 2013 at 10:28am
Print Post  
Jettrader wrote on Apr 18th, 2013 at 9:13pm:
and look what I just found: MASSIVE TECHNICAL DOCUMENTATION

http://freechecklists.net/Resources/Lockheed/L1011%20500%20Tristar/

The full Delta L-1011 Pilot's Reference Manual (2 volumes, 1000+ pages) is available on the Russian Avsim site.

There's also the official Lockheed flight training manual available online, Google "L-1011 project wiki"

IP Logged

Bonham5

Reply #3 - May 28th, 2013 at 7:37pm
Print Post  
Jettrader wrote on Apr 18th, 2013 at 8:55pm:
Elevator deflection on the model? The whole stabilizer is moveable (currently not modeled) - Would be nice to see this included
http://imageshack.us/a/img19/164/tristar3.jpg

That is odd becasue the model I purchased last night does indeed have this feature. The entire stabilzor assembly moves when trimming.
Perhaps CS updated the model since you downloaded it?

IP Logged

Markoz
Beta Team

Reply #4 - May 28th, 2013 at 9:28pm
Print Post  
Bonham5 wrote on May 28th, 2013 at 7:37pm:
Jettrader wrote on Apr 18th, 2013 at 8:55pm:
http://imageshack.us/a/img19/164/tristar3.jpg

That is odd becasue the model I purchased last night does indeed have this feature. The entire stabilzor assembly moves when trimming.
Perhaps CS updated the model since you downloaded it?

I bought my copy about 4/5 days after it was released, and it's modeled on mine. The trim is modeled wrong though. It's the reverse of how it should work (this was mentioned before too).

Mark Fletcher

i7 6700K @ 4.0GHz | Corsair H80i Liquid Cooling | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX1060 Xtreme Gaming | 27" LCD Monitor | 2x2TB HDD, 1x4TB HDD, 1x275GB SSD | Win 7 Pro 64 & Win 10 Pro 64
FSX, P3D, & FSX-SE
IP Logged

Bonham5

Reply #5 - May 29th, 2013 at 3:10pm
Print Post  
Ahhh you are correct Mark.
I'm sure all will be fixed for final release.  Cool
I for one enjoy the good Captain releasing the visual model for us to enjoy, tides us over until final release.

Now when will they build us a DC-8-51????   Cheesy

IP Logged

rfresh777

Reply #6 - Sep 2nd, 2017 at 11:40pm
Print Post  
As an FYI, the L-1011 "All Flying Tail" was designed to prevent not being able to take off (rotate) with an out of trim elevator (trimmed towards nose down but not full nose down).

There had been some other aircraft which had nose down trim and tried to take off but could not rotate and crashed at the end of the runway. A DC-8 and a JetStar come to mind. The 'all flying tail' was to prevent that from happening.

Flight testing showed you could rotate and take off with FULL nose DOWN trim successfully, so the design goal was met. A lot of control wheel pressure was needed, but you could do it.

Note: On the real aircraft, the elevators are not moved by any one of the four hydraulic systems. The hydraulic systems all work together to move the stabilizer and any one is enough to move it. The elevators are attached via heavy duty cables to the stabilizer and they (the elevators) move based on where the stabilizer is positioned.

Trimming trims the entire stabilizer, not the elevators. The little 'sideways thimble' wheel on the control wheel that allows pitch trim is the BEST design I've ever flown with. You can trim pitch on an ILS down to a gnat's ass with that thing.

I've actually used the pitch trim buttons on the DC-10, B-747, B-727, B-737, MD-80, MD-88 and MD-90 and none come close to how nice this is on the TriStar. Lockheed really hit it out of the ball pack with this design!

Ralph
Easy Cockpit Camera Views http://www.EZCamViews.com
Video Tutorials https://www.youtube.com/user/rfresh1011
IP Logged

Markoz
Beta Team

Reply #7 - Sep 4th, 2017 at 1:20am
Print Post  
Thank you for all these recent posts about the L-1011.  Smiley

It's great to have an L-1011 Engineer in our forum. Your knowledge of the L-1011 is very welcome, and I look forward to hearing more interesting info.

Mark Fletcher

i7 6700K @ 4.0GHz | Corsair H80i Liquid Cooling | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX1060 Xtreme Gaming | 27" LCD Monitor | 2x2TB HDD, 1x4TB HDD, 1x275GB SSD | Win 7 Pro 64 & Win 10 Pro 64
FSX, P3D, & FSX-SE
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top