Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
C-130J EICAS equipped cockpit issue (Read 3955 times)
w_pienaar

C-130J EICAS equipped cockpit issue
Mar 14th, 2013 at 10:27pm
Print Post  
Hi

I’m new to FS2004. I have purchased the Captain Sim C-130 (Base Pack as well as the J Model expansion pack). When the Base Pack and the J Model packs are both installed  and selecting the J model as the aircraft to fly, the cockpit displayed is the “Seam Gauges”. Uninstalling both the J Model as well as the base pack (Legendary C130-Pro) and then just reinstalling the J Model gives me yet another stype - Not EICAS but rather something Boeing like -not what I expected. Sad

Is this a known issue or am I missing something i.e. how to configure the cockpit if both the Base- and J Model packs are installed?  Undecided

P.S. Even after adjusting the configuration in the  130 ACE configurator application that comes with the purchase the cockpit does not change. Adding the probe is visible from outside from the cockpit and frum outside the A/C. The cockpit view and virtual cockpit also displays different styles/layouts (Only the virtuasl view displays the EICAS layout/style)  Sad

Your inputs will be valued

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Re: C-130J EICAS equipped cockpit issue
Reply #1 - Mar 15th, 2013 at 9:24am
Print Post  
Quote:
I’m new to FS2004. I have purchased the Captain Sim C-130 (Base Pack as well as the J Model expansion pack). When the Base Pack and the J Model packs are both installed  and selecting the J model as the aircraft to fly, the cockpit displayed is the “Seam Gauges”. Uninstalling both the J Model as well as the base pack (Legendary C130-Pro) and then just reinstalling the J Model gives me yet another stype - Not EICAS but rather something Boeing like -not what I expected.
Is this a problem with the  C-130 X-perience (FSX) or the Legendary C-130 (FS9)? I'm only asking because this is the  C-130 X-perience (FSX) forum.

Quote:
Is this a known issue or am I missing something i.e. how to configure the cockpit if both the Base- and J Model packs are installed?
This is from the C-130 Extra Pack (for the Legendary C-130 (FS9)) information: Any of the following Expansion Models is a separate product and can be installed to default MS FS2004 without any other C-130 product pre-installed. The C-130 Base Package is highly recommended but not required.

So obviously the Base Pack would be better to have than just the Expansion Model alone. It sounds to me like the Base Pack provides the VC and gauges for the entire range. Undecided

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 8GB RTX 2070 | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

wfriedman1971

Re: C-130J EICAS equipped cockpit issue
Reply #2 - Oct 19th, 2013 at 4:43pm
Print Post  
No true J panel......

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top