FMC and ACE issues (Read 8165 times)
Kurt2404

FMC and ACE issues
Dec 20th, 2012 at 5:14pm
Print Post  
Dear all,

maybe I am simply to dumb but I can't get this topics working:

ACE:
I open ACE from the 757/Ace-folder and choose 757-200 with 110 passengers and two containers in the front cargo compartment and three in the back. The total load weight is displayed as 9749 kg. I click on "save" and think, these data is used for the flight I intend.
I fire up Active Sky 2012 and from there my FSX, choose 757-200 RR British Airways, define EDDW/gate 3 as origin and start the flight. Next I want to set the fuel in my tanks and click "fuel and payload". The window pops up and what do I see: Payload 10136 kg!?!?
What is ACE good for, if the values are not taken over in a correct way? BTW in the payload window all seats are engaged and all conatiners are placed regardless the distribution of passengers and containers shown in ACE. I can't see, what I am doing wrong...

CDU:
I start typing in the flight plan from EDDW to LOWW in the RTE 1 section: EDDW as origin, LOWW as destination, BA123 as flight number, BAEDDWLOWW as company route name and GESTO-Z870-GURLO-UM748-ABRAX-UT135-MIKOV as route elements. After having finished this I click "activate" and "safe route" because this part of the route will remain the same for all sids and stars. The opening page asks me again for the company route name. Why - I defined already this name, didn't I? Anyway I repeat the complete name and click on "save" and get "route saved ok" as answer - nice! To see if this flight is really saved I click on "request send" and indeed I see this route name in the table of saved flights. To test if everything works fine I click on my saved flight again and (what a mess) FSX crashes with a fatal error. OK, maybe the system dislikes to double select the same route....
I perform the whole bunch of steps except the input of the route details and select "request send" and choose the BAEDDWLOWW fligth again. What happens is that a get a fatal crash again. This means all my saved routes are practically not accessable. Again I cant see what I am doing wrong.

Has anybody made the same experiences? Is there any work around? I have to admit that I am more and more frustrated.... Angry Cry

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Re: FMC and ACE issues
Reply #1 - Dec 21st, 2012 at 5:37am
Print Post  
With the weight problem.
The ACE does not include the weight of the Pilot, First Officer and the Crew!!!

The weight of them is as follows (in pounds):
station_load.0 ="170, 70, -2, 3, Captain"
station_load.1 ="170, 70, 2, 3, First Officer"
station_load.2 ="510, 66, 0, 3, Crew"

170 + 170 + 510 = 850 pounds = ~386 Kilograms! This is almost exactly the difference between the two weights in you post.

With the CDU problems of loading a saved route.
I have not had that problem. I will test it later to see if mine works okay or not - I'm currently in a the early stages of a two hour flight in another aircraft, so I need to finish that flight first. Wink

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

Kurt2404

Reply #2 - Dec 21st, 2012 at 9:56am
Print Post  
Hi Mark,

thanks for your reply. In the meantime I went through all ACEs (777, 767, 757, C130) clicking in the compatibilty tab the tackbox "run as administrator". And yes, ACE is working now correct - I cross checked it just now by loading only one passenger and one cargo container and the result was as described by you.

Anyway the problem with the flightplan still remains. I tried again to load an existing flight route and FSX crashes every time I load a route without SID and STAR/ARR. Out of my point of view there seems to be a difference between routes including DEP RWY, SID, STAR and ARR RWY and routes without those route elements. I will keep on playing around with flight plans to understand maybe a littlemore about this effect. Altough routes with predefined RWYs, SID and STAR will not make very much sense at all....

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #3 - Dec 21st, 2012 at 12:58pm
Print Post  
Okay. So I just did a test with the 757. This is what I found.

If the route save a route which includes the SID and STAR, I can load it and the route is fine.

If I save the route without SID and STAR, when it loads, all I get is my departure airport, now SID, no waypoints and no STAR, so it is useless.

FSX didn't crash when loading a route at any time.

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

Kurt2404

Reply #4 - Dec 21st, 2012 at 3:31pm
Print Post  
As far as I can see now:

- complete routes saved with RWYs, SID and STAR are reloadable

- reloading routes consisting just of the main route elements (departure airport, waypoints, airways and destination airport) crash my FSX (fatal error)

Well as not being a pilot in real life so my oppinion may be wrong but I see the saving of complete routes as not senseful. In contartidiction to this presaved basic routes can be simply loaded and adjusted to the ambient conditions like weather, time, payload situation etc.. This approach is also mirrored by the online route finders like VATroute which also display just the main route elements. Further this system works fine with other simulation providers with higher system depths like PxMxDxG so I would consider this as a bug which is worth to be fixed.

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #5 - Dec 22nd, 2012 at 5:32am
Print Post  
This is what I have done:

1) Using FSC 9, I created a route without SID or STAR and saved it as a Flight Simulator X Plan (.PLN).
2) I loaded the route into the FMC using SEND > FLTSIM PLN > Scrolling to find my plan.
3) I then saved that route using SAVE.
4) I can load the .RT into the CDU/FMC, add the SID and STAR and do the flight.

This works fine for me. FSX doesn't have a fatal error resulting in a CTD.

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

Kurt2404

Reply #6 - Dec 23rd, 2012 at 1:35pm
Print Post  
I admit that I checked everything with flight plans in the native CS-format (*.rt). All tested flight plans were directly typed into the CDU and also saved from there.

A further strange effect: Yesterday I created a (very short) test route from LOWW to LOWG including SID and STAR, performed the flight using LNAV and VNAV but during a scheduled "teardrop" maneuver in the final approach the plane changed from the expected right turn into a left turn heading away from the airport again. The legs seemed to be OK for me, no vectors or discontinuities present. Did you have this effect ever before?

IP Logged

cessna_man

Reply #7 - Dec 26th, 2012 at 3:23am
Print Post  
I'm having the same problem with the fcdu. I create a route without sid or star and it saves ok. When I go and load it wit company rt., none of the way points along the route show. If I try and go to pick the saved route from the request send or whatever it's called that shows the list of saved flights. If I select the route from the list  FSX freezes and CTD.
I'll give it a try using FS9, but we shouldn't have to do this, so I hope their will be a fix made for us.

Also I'm having a problem with the aircraft rocking back and fourth and up and down during cruise flight I always had this problem with CS757 in fs9 and I thought this issue was fixed in fsx. I will try some more flight and if it still happens.

Markoz, no problem with the plane on climb, keeping airspeed up. I hope their's a fix for it at cruise (this is with auto pilot on).  It seems other folks can fly with no problems so I hope there is a fix for this issue.

I shouldn't jump to conclusions until I do a couple more flights. It's possible I was encountering turbulence, but I can't see it being that bad.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top