Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
 10 CS707 Erratic flap operation (Read 5924 times)
FNLU99

CS707 Erratic flap operation
Sep 24th, 2012 at 2:24am
Print Post  
Hi All, I just bought 707 Captain base plus the 3 addons.  It is a beauty!!! Only problem is that the flaps on all 4 sets work erratically.  I have all my controls calibrated through FSUIPC and I have never had this problem with any of my other CS planes (or any others).  I can't get 707 flaps to work right using the KBrd either.  I hit F7 to increment the flaps down and instead of an 'increment', the flaps go full.  Watching the animation of the flap handle while pressing flap function keys 5 through 8 -- the handle bounces all up and down its range of travel.

I checked the KBrd flap assignments and they are correct and non-repeating.  I have calibrated my controls through FSUIPC for the past 3 years and have never had this problem.

I have the CS B52, 727, 777 & 707 plus many, many other payware planes.  I run FSX with FEX ,GEX, FS global ultimate (whole world), all Scenery Tech LC, tons of payware sceneries etc. on a 2700k with 16gb RAM and an nvidia gtx480.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Scott

IP Logged

windplayer

Re: CS707 Erratic flap operation
Reply #1 - Sep 24th, 2012 at 8:44am
Print Post  
i'd suggest to reinstall 707. If possible - do a clean install.
After deinstallation, you have to edit FSX.CFG and delete all 707 lines from [Trusted] section
Then reinstall it again.

IP Logged

sieggie

Reply #2 - Sep 24th, 2012 at 2:13pm
Print Post  
You mentioned multiple times that you calibrated your controls. If you are using F7 your controls should have nothing to do with the flaps. Make sure you do not have an axis set to the flaps or it will overide the key command if the axis is a little jittery.

Dave

IP Logged

FNLU99

Reply #3 - Sep 24th, 2012 at 8:23pm
Print Post  
windplayer wrote on Sep 24th, 2012 at 8:44am:
i'd suggest to reinstall 707. If possible - do a clean install.
After deinstallation, you have to edit FSX.CFG and delete all 707 lines from [Trusted] section
Then reinstall it again.

I did exactly as you said and no joy... I even re-downloaded the whole cs707 set and re-installed using the new download.

I played with sensitivity... also to no avail.  

Flaps are assigned to only one axis on one controller so there can be no interference between controllers.

Tried completely deleting the KBrd flap assignments... no joy again.

Tried creating flap settings for specific cs707 in FSUIPC... no joy.

Checked FSUIPC ini file for anything unusual... looked fine.

One thing I did notice is that the flap handle does not necessarily reflect what the flap physical position really is;
e.g. full flaps when handle is at zero flaps... but this is not 100% true.  Sometimes, when I hold the F5 key down for 5 seconds or so, the handle goes to zero and the flaps go to zero!!!

I use a CH Throttle Quadrant with the far right handle assigned to flaps via FSX, with calibration via FSUIPC.
All other CS A/C are setup this way and they work fine.

I am truly at a loss...

Thanks again windplayer

IP Logged

windplayer

Reply #4 - Sep 25th, 2012 at 9:42am
Print Post  
lets try to isolate problem (too much of HOUSE MD last night Smiley )

Check controls\ buttons\keys \ control surfaces\ flaps
assign default F7 to flap increment and check that REPEAT set to zero.
It'll be good to disable FSUIPC for that test.
If REPEAT set to other than zero position - you can get full flaps instead of one notch.

If you'll have properly working flaps that way, - then we'll search FSUIPC.

P.S. me too using right lever at CH Throttle Quadrant for flaps. But i dont use FSUIPC for controls calibration.

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #5 - Sep 26th, 2012 at 4:25am
Print Post  
I would suspect FSUIPC or the CH Throttle Quadrant.

Although I use FSUIPC (registered), I have not modified any settings for the 707 flaps.
I do not have the CH Throttle Quadrant (yet), but I want to get one.

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 8GB RTX 2070 | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

FNLU99

Reply #6 - Sep 26th, 2012 at 4:24pm
Print Post  
ok...  after my last post I decided to spend a couple of hours going over the FSUIPC manual.  First I updated FSUIPC and the manual... In the updated manual Pete states that calibrating flaps via FSUIPC is (sic) more trouble than it's worth.  So I disabled flap calibration in FSUIPC and the flaps in all of my A/C work fine; including the CS707.  Duh!!!

So Windplayer and Markoz thanks for ur time and comments.

IP Logged

Barry Friedman

Reply #7 - Apr 25th, 2016 at 3:22pm
Print Post  
I'm having the same problem -- press F7 and flaps go straight to 50. I can use the mouse to move the lever to flaps 14 but the flaps stay at 50 regardless.

I don't have any control assignments for the aircraft-- just operating with keyboard/mouse.

I would have started a new topic but I can't find any "start new topic" button, so instead replying to this old one.

IP Logged

Barry Friedman

Reply #8 - Apr 26th, 2016 at 1:43pm
Print Post  
I also found this thread which describes the same problem with the flaps. Search for "A couple of annoying 707 problems". Apparently I'm not allowed to post links  Sad Sad Sad

I've uninstalled, re-downloaded and re-install this airplane. I also updated to latest FSUIPC and assigned joystick control buttons to increment/decrement flaps. I tried loading the predefined flight -- ready for takeoff at KSEA.

None of the above helps. At the start, flaps are 0, but if I increment flaps they go straight to 50. Flaps decrement causes the flaps to toggle between 40 and 50. I can move flaps to 14 with the mouse, but the flaps don't change -- the flaps gauge and the flaps themselves remains at 50.

Also I don't understand why I can't start a new topic in this forum.

Sad  Sad Sad Sad

IP Logged

Barry Friedman

Reply #9 - Apr 26th, 2016 at 2:04pm
Print Post  
Ticked submitted. Will update with any resolution.

IP Logged

Barry Friedman

Reply #10 - May 6th, 2016 at 1:42am
Print Post  
Ticket closed, not reproducible.

Oh well, will try a clean fsx reinstall. Thanks anyway.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top