Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]  Send TopicPrint
 25 AUTOPILOT (MCP part only) (Read 104416 times)
Swordsman422

Re: AUTOPILOT (MCP part only)
Reply #210 - Feb 25th, 2016 at 12:55am
Print Post  
Strangest thing happened.

Currently on a test flight from KSTL to KLAS in the -200 GE. Tried time acceleration at 4x. Started to get the wild yoke again. Paused and went to 8x to see if behavior worsened. Aircraft continued to porpoise and the control stick wobbled crazily. Suddenly, the aircraft snapped into a 45-degree bank to the left and turned 90-degrees off course... and settled down. The plane returned to its course, though had trouble settling correctly until time compression was taken off. Now the sim is at 8x compression with only a slight oscillation of ~60 feet cycles. Otherwise no ill behavior.

Somehow in the process, I picked up that horrid morse code beep, but I am content to let it go for the rest of the flight.

-Update. Morse code was from CP-side radios being turned off. Easy fix.

Flew another test flight from Princessa Julianna to Miami in the -200 RR. Same issue. After performing some abnormal maneuvers in 4x and 8x acceleration, aircraft settled down and began to fly smoothly. Maneuvers included and half-inverted dive into the water (I have crash detection off for tests) before climbing per normal back to altitude and continuing the flight with no issues.

Weird. I have no idea what could cause the yoke to move so violently. Testing will continue.

IP Logged

flibinite

Reply #211 - Feb 26th, 2016 at 12:06pm
Print Post  
I have the same problem with v1.7; autopilot goes haywire upon time acceleration of 2X or 4X. Hard bank then complete loss of control; aircraft crash.  Was not an issue with v1.6.

IP Logged

Swordsman422

Reply #212 - Feb 26th, 2016 at 2:58pm
Print Post  
Flibinite,

What happens when you go to external view from cockpit view when the autopilot goes crazy?

IP Logged

flibinite

Reply #213 - Feb 29th, 2016 at 1:27am
Print Post  
I'd deleted the aircraft, so reinstalled and re-tried. First, I realized that I had AccuFeel enabled for this aircraft, so I disabled that. Then, I had a high-speed wobble with 4X acceleration. I'm running ASN, so turned that off and the flight smoothed out.  Then re-started ASN and so far so good.   Might have been one of a few different issues; I'll report back if the problem reoccurs

IP Logged

johnep

Reply #214 - Mar 3rd, 2016 at 6:48pm
Print Post  
Me, I cannot even start. Start on active runway and immediately two noisy alarms shrieking at me. Really need a tutorial starting from cold and dark. Ie first turn on battery etc.
Help!
johnep

IP Logged

Jim Kaye

Reply #215 - Mar 4th, 2016 at 1:37am
Print Post  
Just to get you started, try the following:

777-200 KSEA cold and dark.
Battery On
Fuel Pumps on - FWD, L, R, Center
Hydraulics On - L, R Eng, C1, C2
Bleed Air On - L, R, C
L Engine, R Engine, APU
APU Start
Press CTRL-SHFT-F4 (not sure why, but it works!)
L ENG Start.  Engine should start after spooling up.
R ENG Start.  Engine should start after spooling up.

Use the display to turn on Window Heat, etc.  Also can turn off APU after engines running.

The tutorial seems to be no longer available.  This will at least enable starting the engines.  Will need to set flaps and so on.  Hope this is helpful.

Jim Kaye

IP Logged

Tanya
CS Team

Reply #216 - Feb 28th, 2017 at 10:34am
Print Post  
BEYOND THIS POINT PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU ARE ON  VERSION 1.8

IP Logged

Swordsman422

Reply #217 - Jun 27th, 2017 at 3:14am
Print Post  
I've had this jet for 2 years now and I STILL can't use it under accelerated time without the autopilot violently losing control and crashing the aircraft. 1.8 and I'm still limited to short haul routes for single session flights.

IP Logged

Markoz
Beta Team

Reply #218 - Jun 27th, 2017 at 5:17am
Print Post  
Swordsman422 wrote on Jun 27th, 2017 at 3:14am:
I've had this jet for 2 years now and I STILL can't use it under accelerated time without the autopilot violently losing control and crashing the aircraft. 1.8 and I'm still limited to short haul routes for single session flights.

The trick with using increased sim rate, is to switch it to normal when approaching a turn, even a slight turn, or it could go awry. Shocked
It's also a good idea to not go above 4x sim rate, as the 777 doesn't do well at all above that. Sad

Mark Fletcher

i7 6700K @ 4.0GHz | Corsair H80i Liquid Cooling | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX1060 Xtreme Gaming | 27" LCD Monitor | 2x2TB HDD, 1x4TB HDD, 1x275GB SSD | Win 7 Pro 64 & Win 10 Pro 64
FSX, P3D, & FSX-SE
IP Logged

Swordsman422

Reply #219 - Jun 30th, 2017 at 9:52pm
Print Post  
I've been trying to post this with varying degrees of success today...

Markoz, I can't get it to 2x without it going haywire. And it isn't in turns only where I have the issue. The autopilot will start violently rocking in straight and level flight. In most aircraft, the issue I see during accelerated time is pitch oscillation, usually 50 feet up or down from target altitude (except with the CS 737, which I've taken to 16x just to see what would happen and don't get any abnormal movement in any direction. That jet is rock solid, straight and level even through turns. I love it!). The 777 won't porpoise when it's settled down, but it will randomly start rocking that just goes out of control.

It only does it when I am in accelerated flight in an internal view, and always once I've reached my cruise altitude. If I switch to external view at the very beginning of the behavior, it will straighten up, but if I am late by a half second, I never get control back unless I return to normal sim speed and wait it out. As soon as I return to accelerated and internal views, the behavior resumes. None of CS other aircraft behave this way (which is one of the reasons I keep buying them), and no one else has reported this issue without a solution, which leaves me to wonder what in the 777 cockpit coding is conflicting with my hardware.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top