Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Flight Plans (Read 3061 times)
Lee Park

Flight Plans
May 22nd, 2012 at 12:45pm
Print Post  
Why is it that when want to fly a default fsx flight plan, I always get Seattle cold and dark coming up. Not a major issue, but annoying to clear and then set. Next thing is everytime file a new flight plan the aircraft resets itself. e.g. you have to literally start the bird up from scratch. annoying when I'm doing a return leg. The sam applies for refueling. Fuel truck arrives, FSX fulel menu pops up and when I'm done I'm sitting with a reset aircraft. As I say it is not a huge issue, but one worth mentioning and hopefully finding a solution to.

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Re: Flight Plans
Reply #1 - May 22nd, 2012 at 5:22pm
Print Post  
The KSEA to KSFF is a flight plan named dpl.PLN. Do not delete it. The 707 will always load the dpl.PLN when it is loaded it into FSX. Without that plan, the 707's Doppler Navigation will not work!

The thing to remember is this. The 707 gets set back to a Cold-n-Dark setting every time you go to some areas of the menu. When it does, it automatically loads the dpl.PLN!
So my advice is to make the flight plan the last thing you do before commencing your flight. Or at the least, as you are leaving the Gate, make sure YOUR flight plan is the plan in use, and not the dpl.PLN!

Mark

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

Ikedaman

Re: Flight Plans
Reply #2 - Jan 30th, 2017 at 9:59pm
Print Post  
i'm having the same problem using the CIVA INS.
it seems to always fly north from KMCI or KSTL.
also if i turn off the DNS and CIVA INS and just hit the NAV button on the autopilot it immediately turns north.
now i know why.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top