Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Gentlemen there is a problem - No Sterling Livery (Read 1860 times)
Julean

Gentlemen there is a problem - No Sterling Livery
Feb 26th, 2012 at 7:38pm
Print Post  
Gentlemen Sterling Airways and B727 are related like jet fuel and jet.
This is charter history of Scandinavia. In the early seventies charter tourism flourished in Scandinavia also. And two charter pioneers Eilif Krogager and Simon Spies eccentric to the extreme started the business of flying charter guest to pork parties on the Island of Mallorca.

The companies names was Tjæreborg (Tjaereborg) and Spies.
They really more or less dominated the affair and created their own airlines as well. Tjæreborg created Sterling and Spies created Conair (in the B707 livery section there is a Conair of Scandinavia version)
They flew B720s.

Sterling was created in 1962 and they flew the Caravelle from 1965, then the worlds biggest and most modern charter fleet Shocked.
From Caravelle they changed to the 727. In 1973 they had 14 727’s.  
Actually they made Boeing make a special version for them. Its named Adv - The Advanced and with the capacity for 187 passengers and longer range it was now possible to fly Copenhagen – Canaries (Tenerife North) nonstop! The 727 where replaced by 757s and from 1984 3 DC-8-63 also.

Therefore Sterling and 727 is a partnership that influenced the 727s and the 727 influenced possibilities in the charter business.

It would be wonderfull if a Sterling livery could be created. The picture show the original paint. Some 727 also had "Skybus" written on the engines and later on Sterling changed the livery and modernized it. But this S on the tail, is the famous Sterling S.

All the best
Jens Michlas
Cph

Sterling-727.jpg ( 77 KB | Downloads )

Jens Michlas&&Frederiksberg, Copenhagen DK&&&&CS 777, CS 767, CS 757, CS 737, CS 727, CS 707, Legacy 707
IP Logged

Berlopez

Denmark

Re: Gentlemen there is a problem - No Sterling Livery
Reply #1 - Jun 10th, 2013 at 3:21pm
Print Post  
I second Julean. When I first arrived to Denmark Sterling still had Caravelles and 727,which I had the opportunity of flying in once to London.

Berlopez Grin

Medion Akoya IntelCore I3-3220 Md 8378
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top