Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  Send TopicPrint
 25 Screen flickering in VC view (Read 30267 times)
cenkcnk

Re: Screen flickering in VC view
Reply #15 - Aug 12th, 2011 at 6:19pm
Print Post  
i have same issue. external view is very clear but i can't even read the most of the gauges in the vc. how can i get rid that flickers?

http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n528/cenkcnk/comparsion/2011-8-11_20-23-21-1...

IP Logged

Captain A

Reply #16 - Nov 19th, 2012 at 10:21pm
Print Post  
I just spent $3000.00 on an new system (3770K CPU, 16GB 1600 RAM, GTX 680 2GB GPU, 2 x 240GB SATA III SSD's) just to get the 707 VC flicker to stop and it's still doing it Angry!!! It has been a year and a half and you guys still have not addressed this problem yet Angry. I'm very disappointed in Captain Sim Angry Angry Angry. I have 2 friends that also have this CS707 bug and it's because I only have 2 friends that have the CS707.

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #17 - Nov 20th, 2012 at 2:47am
Print Post  
As you can see by my computer specs in my signature below, I have an i7 3770K CPU and 16GB of 1600 RAM (G.Skill Ripjaws), but I l don't have any SSD's or a GTX680 2GB GPU (only a two year old GTX470 1GB). I don't get any flickering in the VC.
On my computer, it looks sharp, it's smooth and I have no graphics problems at all with the CS 707.

It doesn't make sense that you get the flickering, while I don't. Undecided

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 8GB RTX 2070 | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

Captain A

Reply #18 - Nov 20th, 2012 at 8:45am
Print Post  
I have seen this VC flicker on 5 different systems, none of which had any parts in common. I guess your very lucky. You guys need to test on more then just one computer. I'm not the only one with this problem. Why don't any of my other Captain Sim planes do this Lips Sealed.

IP Logged

rservice
Beta Team

Reply #19 - Nov 20th, 2012 at 1:21pm
Print Post  
I guess if we want all the bells and whistles,even with the highest end rigs,we can still get flickering.Like Mark, I can get rid of most of it by setting the ACE to flight deck only.I know that does'nt help you,so maybe this bird needs some some work still on the software.
Whether this is commercialy feasible from CS's  perspective is another story.Maybe a survey is required,with respondents indicating their system specs and whether they have flickering with cabin enabled and not. the specs should also indicate the MB manufacturer
Ron

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #20 - Nov 20th, 2012 at 2:43pm
Print Post  
Captain A wrote on Nov 20th, 2012 at 8:45am:
I have seen this VC flicker on 5 different systems, none of which had any parts in common. I guess your very lucky. You guys need to test on more then just one computer. I'm not the only one with this problem. Why don't any of my other Captain Sim planes do this Lips Sealed.

I've had the 707 on 3 different computers (all of them built by me) since the 707 was first released. On the old Core 2 Duo Quad 9550 with 4GB RAM and a 512MB 9800 GTX+ I was getting the flickering happening often, but not all the time! Either reloading the 707, or restarting FSX, always fixed it.

On the i7 870 with 8GB DDR3 1600 RAM and the GTX 470 1GB graphics card, I saw it a lot less often. And now I don't see it at all on my new computer.

I have always preferred to have the Pax Cabin showing, but removing it did lessen the flickering (on the two early computers). Using the "lite" VC, only gives me much better fps on the 707 on this computer, but currently getting around 25-30 fps with the Pax Cabin included, I have no need to use the "lite" interior. Those frame rates are what I get at KSEA with my sliders set to either maximum, or the notch below maximum. I do not have any airport traffic at all and the cars, ships, ferries and leisure boats traffic sliders (all 3) are are at 5%. My Airliner and GA traffic sliders are set to 1%, but I use Ultimate Traffic in place of them, and it is set at 30% for both GA and Airliner traffic.

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 8GB RTX 2070 | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

CoastalDriver

Reply #21 - Nov 21st, 2012 at 4:17am
Print Post  
Flickering or 'tearing' is not a model problem but a sign of a system that cannot cope with the graphic loads, CPU first Graphic card second. What to do about this is not so comforting but not that hard. First I run a bog standard HP 4GB DDR3 Dual Core Processor with a standard Intel
Graphic Chipset of about 2 GB. The processor speed is nothing special at about 3.0 GHZ. The O/S system is WIN 7 64 bit.

Can I say I have learnt the hard way and I have done several complete rebuilds of FSX, every time I have learnt something new about FSX the program and how to work with it not against it, so just throwing memory and high speed graphic cards may work but not as well as most expect. I have also discovered over time that most flight simmers are obsessed with FPS rates which is basically irrelevant as far as the eye can see and FPS does not equate with CPU processing capacity.

My guess is that system you have will run CS stuff, mine does flawlessly and now and then with high loads ( I will come to that) it gets a little stuttery or lags but not badly or in a manner I cannot live with it, this always and I repeat always, occurs in scenery areas with complex and detailed scenery, such as any major city in the world. There are lots of things happening here with the graphics that relate to what you want it to show, what you have set the system to try and show and what the system is doing, eventually with MS FSX the whole shebang gets behind and you get tearing and out of memory problems.

A common problem with all simmers is that they allow various scenery addons to self install or rely on installation scripts etc to do this, with few exceptions this leads to a big mess in the scenery files in terms of layers and file orders this means that the FSX program is running all over the place trying to match the layers and programs runtime calls and driver demands. Lesson number one you need to get all of your scenery into a separate folder outside of FSX's main directory and you unfortunately have to learn how to add and layer scenery, once you master this and it will take a little while you will find the whole program runs very smoothly and you will find the FSX scenery library tools and management process works as intended. I will post links to very useful guides on how to do this.

Again you might consider a rebuild of FSX with no model or new aircraft added in but only FSX SP1 and SP2, again there are very good tutorials elsewhere on how to get this done properly. Before you do anything else, any changes to sliders or settings  you need to have a look at what FSX does with your system when it configures itself on intial install, it will set the optimal grahpics. FPS etc that it is programmed to do with the hardware and O/S version you have. That then becomes a starting point.

Third you need to get rid of any tweaks and forget about automation core. dll's get rid of them they don't really work and are covering up the fact that your basic FSX architecture and layering is mismatched with your hardware.

Once you have this basic data and set up you can begin to make fine adjustments to scenery, traffic etc and fine tune your system using the tools FSX provides via the user settings interface dialogue boxes, they actually do work and that is why they are provided.

Finally some tips, the big killer of graphic smoothness etc is AI traffic of any sort, level of scenery density and autogenerated scenery object density and clouds, the amount of processing time FSX is using to do the graphic changes is quite phenomenal.

Once you have this sorted out in the way you approach FSX then load in your Captain Sim model and begin to play with various adjustments to see what it does to your system performance and graphics. I think you will be surprised at the improvements.

So My Iron Rules:

No FSX cfg tweaks (there are two exceptions graphic file size only) and no automation core dll files.
No scenery addons into FSX keep them outside in separate directories and layer scenery correctly.
Keep all AI traffic down to a minimum of 16% or lower, you won't notice anyway.
Keep water resolutions low, you wont notice the difference.
Take out uneccessary enhancements such as shadows, cockpit tool tips, flare etc. You won't miss these either.
Ensure your DX settings for filtering are appropriate to your video driver and card.

IP Logged

dougal

Reply #22 - Dec 1st, 2012 at 7:31pm
Print Post  
I also have this issue with the 707.  I bought it on release and have upgraded my PC twice since then.  Still, the issue is the same.  The post above this is somewhat misleading, as the flickers produced in the VC of this aircraft, are NOT the same as the flickers produced by an overwork PC or video card.

I guess because it doesn't happen to everyone, CS decided it wasn't worth fixing.  Sadly, that is so with some developers.

I haven't been able to fly my CS 707 'seriously' since purchase;-(

Windows7 x64 & FSX&&B707&&B727-100 & 200 Pro Pack&&B737-200&&B757-200 & 300 Pro Pack&&B767-300 Base Pack&&C-130 Herc&&F-104 Starfighter&&B-52 BUFF&&B777-200

IP Logged

windplayer

Reply #23 - Jan 12th, 2013 at 8:34pm
Print Post  
This flicker problem actually a directX driver problem. It can be triggered by switching the active windows, starting addons like SquawkBox or (most common in my case) switching from full screen to windowed mode. Sometimes i have this bug. Never in DX10 mode. I use GTX470 card. drivers later than ver 285 to ver 301 had extremely bad reputation. Now im on 306.23 WHQL. Pretty stable.
It happens with default birds too, but not so often.
It can be one of FSX hidden "feature".

Another apearance of this crap - is when your VC just becomes transparent. - its same problem.

IP Logged

teisco

Reply #24 - Jul 21st, 2015 at 2:49pm
Print Post  
Well I really wanted this 707 and downloaded the demo version and I also have the black line in the cockpit. I am afraid to buy the full version if, as I am learning here, they have not fixed it yet.

My computer is not the problem. I7 at 4.4, Three Gtx 980's in SLI at 4 ram each. Nothing gives me a problem graphically in FSX except the 707. So fix it so I can give you money,  ok!

IP Logged

Captain Sim 2
CS Team

Reply #25 - Jul 22nd, 2015 at 1:32pm
Print Post  
Please note the Demo limitations: http://www.captainsim.com/products/x707/demo.html

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #26 - Aug 6th, 2015 at 12:47am
Print Post  
teisco wrote on Jul 21st, 2015 at 2:49pm:
Well I really wanted this 707 and downloaded the demo version and I also have the black line in the cockpit. I am afraid to buy the full version if, as I am learning here, they have not fixed it yet.

My computer is not the problem. I7 at 4.4, Three Gtx 980's in SLI at 4 ram each. Nothing gives me a problem graphically in FSX except the 707. So fix it so I can give you money,  ok!

My computer is less powerful than yours, and when I get this problem with the 707, which isn't very often, I just reload the 707 and it disappears. The only time I don't reload the 707, is when it happens at the end of a flight!

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

signmanbob

Reply #27 - Oct 5th, 2015 at 5:18am
Print Post  
Has there been a solution for this problem? I have the latest version of the 707 and I'm getting some pretty bad flickering at the windshield in front of me when I'm in VC.
I have a pretty powerful computer with a GTX 970 and 64Gigs of RAM.
I don't really believe it can have anything to do with the computer. I can fly any airliner that is made with no problems like this.
I will try turning off the cabin in ACE and see if that helps.
If anyone has any other suggestions I would appreciate it.

IP Logged

speck

Reply #28 - Oct 5th, 2015 at 5:19pm
Print Post  
The 707 needs to be patched badly and made P3D compatible Wink

There are no solutions for now other than disable the cabin via ACE  Cry

IP Logged

signmanbob

Reply #29 - Oct 8th, 2015 at 2:49am
Print Post  
speck wrote on Oct 5th, 2015 at 5:19pm:
The 707 needs to be patched badly and made P3D compatible Wink

There are no solutions for now other than disable the cabin via ACE  Cry

Yes, I had to disable my cabin in order for the flickering to stop.  At least I can fly my 707 now, but it's sad that I cannot enjoy the most beautiful cabin ever created for an airliner in flight simulator.
I certainly hope that Captain Sim will consider fixing this problem for us.
I'm using FSX right now, but I've purchased P3Dv3 and will be installing it as soon as developers make new installers to work with it.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top