Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
 25 Post 1.3 bug list    got some comments? (Read 20316 times)
CoolP

Re: Post 1.3 bug list    got some comments?
Reply #15 - Jun 3rd, 2011 at 8:22pm
Print Post  
Bumping this list a bit since the DME gauge error is distracting.  Undecided

IP Logged

Leonardo

Reply #16 - May 11th, 2013 at 4:35am
Print Post  
The Coolant System, Pressurization, DME 2 and the Standby Altimeter really are like must have and the Oxygen should get fixed if the Pressurization works. Since the last bump was on 2011 giving it another shot here to see if we get some news on the matter.

They seem to be minor details, but I never worked with Gauge programing so... yeah minor here can be huge there.

Also giving an optional activation/deactivation for the GPWS and some other aural warnings in the cockpit would be cool to have it in.

I fly the 707 every day, I don't mind the bugs that much, but you know, would be awesome to have them fixed some time in the future for a complete experience and immersion into realops.

Should we open tickets for this or?

Leo

"Runway, women and prays you don't despise."&& http://status.ivao.aero/314896.png[/img] [url=http://www.vatsimsigs.co.uk][img]http://www.vatsimsigs.co.uk:
IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #17 - May 23rd, 2013 at 3:06pm
Print Post  
Hi, Leo. We've placed tickets for all the listed issues and I think that the 'on the list for the next SP' topic in the Knowledge Base features the items. So I guess this ticket step isn't needed anymore unless we find some more bugs.

Quote:
Since the last bump was on 2011 giving it another shot here to see if we get some news on the matter.

Fully supported!  Smiley For me, the 707 still is the favourite CS plane.

IP Logged

Leonardo

Reply #18 - May 30th, 2013 at 3:11pm
Print Post  
CoolP wrote on May 23rd, 2013 at 3:06pm:
Hi, Leo. We've placed tickets for all the listed issues and I think that the 'on the list for the next SP' topic in the Knowledge Base features the items. So I guess this ticket step isn't needed anymore unless we find some more bugs.

Quote:
Since the last bump was on 2011 giving it another shot here to see if we get some news on the matter.

Fully supported!  Smiley For me, the 707 still is the favourite CS plane.

+1 the bugs will sure not make me stop flying this beautiful payware, the quality is amazing and those are only details, good to know they are being looked at.

Cheers.

Leo

"Runway, women and prays you don't despise."&& http://status.ivao.aero/314896.png[/img] [url=http://www.vatsimsigs.co.uk][img]http://www.vatsimsigs.co.uk:
IP Logged

Mustang1977

Reply #19 - May 27th, 2014 at 6:45pm
Print Post  
Hey hello all!

Nice forum here, so I decided to register here  Smiley I beg you indulgence, but english is not my mother-language.

Leonardo wrote on May 11th, 2013 at 4:35am:
Also giving an optional activation/deactivation for the GPWS and some other aural warnings in the cockpit would be cool to have it in.

I've found out how to get the gear up warning activated:

First open the aircraft.cfg an go to

[gear_warning_system]
gear_warning_available=0 <---- set it to 1

Second, open the sound.cfg in the \sound folder and insert

[GEAR_UP_WARNING_SOUND]
filename=cagear

under the section

////////////////////////
// MISC
////////////////////////

so it should look like this

////////////////////////
// MISC
////////////////////////

[GEAR_UP_WARNING_SOUND]
filename=cagear

[STALL_WARNING]
filename=707stall
minimum_volume=10000

[EXIT_OPEN]
filename=door_large_open

I've tested it with my 707 and it worked without problems  Cool

But make sure to backup your aircraft.cfg and sound.cfg first, in case anything goes wrong.

I found also this section in the aircraft.cfg:

[GPWS]
max_warning_height         =  800
sink_rate_fpm              = -2000
excessive_sink_rate_fpm    = -2500
climbout_sink_rate_fpm     = -300
flap_and_gear_sink_rate_fpm= -300

This section is responsible for the warning-callouts, for example "don't sink" and so on. But they doesn't work, I don't know why. In my C-130 is the same section but there it worked.

IP Logged

MKA742

Re: Post 1.3 bug list � �got some comments?
Reply #20 - Dec 28th, 2014 at 11:38pm
Print Post  
I guess she is forgotten? Any news on fixes?

I would also like to see (an) airstair(s) added for people to actually be able to get into the plane Smiley

What I also found is that whenever I go into an FS menu like map view, fuel load, graphics,... anything really, almost all switches have gone back to the default position.

Has anyone ever had this? I have had it forever using different installers, FSX installs, heck even different computers. Hugely ennoying. But it still is one of my favourites.

IP Logged

hifly

Reply #21 - Dec 29th, 2014 at 11:38am
Print Post  
Regarding going into FS menus and switches going back to default I always Pause FSX then go to the menu.

Another idiosyncrasy I have with the 707 is I lose all speed readings when I fly with REX Essentials (Am I allowed to mention them?) Above 12,000ft or so the needle on the speed dial and shift Z reading disappears and yes the pitot heaters are on. Thankfully it reappears below 12,000. Strange!

CS. Nothing Less.&&&&Must Fly

IP Logged

Mustang1977

Reply #22 - Dec 29th, 2014 at 10:44pm
Print Post  
Good evening,

@hilfy: Have you tried to activate nacelle anti-icing? Mybe that helps. Wing Anti-Icing should also always on in-fligth.

Nothing from the last problems appears with my 707. Only the bug with the right Altimeter interferece a bit (the 10K-Needle does not move).

IP Logged

hifly

Reply #23 - Dec 30th, 2014 at 5:42pm
Print Post  
Thanks for the tip Mustang, wing and nacelle anti icing on and didn't lose speed readings.  Smiley

CS. Nothing Less.&&&&Must Fly

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #24 - Dec 31st, 2014 at 1:28am
Print Post  
When it comes to accessing the menu while flying the 707, I try very hard to get everything done straight after I load it into FSX so it doesn't matter that it turns everything off when I return.

Restarting the engines mid flight is NOT my idea of fun! I always lose too much altitude. Cheesy Grin

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

MKA742

Reply #25 - Jan 26th, 2015 at 7:07pm
Print Post  
What I also noticed just recently;

1 Select ground power as you should (switch on EXT, close breaker)
2 Open the engine generator breaker switches

=> No power??

Makes no sense to me :p

IP Logged

Don Nelson

Don

Reply #26 - Mar 18th, 2015 at 3:51am
Print Post  
Refueling doors will not open when airborne.

IP Logged

707captain

Reply #27 - Apr 20th, 2015 at 4:54am
Print Post  
I noticed the following:

- the wing landing lights are flashing like a beacon instead of glowing with permanent strength

- the service doors on the starboard side are much to big. In my repaints I sometimes ignore them and paint them smaller in order to give it a more authentic look

- starboard service doors are not equipping with emergency slides

- emergency exit behind the wing has no functionality which I regret a lot

IP Logged

LOU
Beta Team

727,707,747,757,767=
40years of Boeings

Reply #28 - Apr 20th, 2015 at 5:14pm
Print Post  
MKA742 stated:

What I also noticed just recently;

1 Select ground power as you should (switch on EXT, close breaker)
2 Open the engine generator breaker switches

=> No power??

Makes no sense to me :p

The 707 & 727 electrical panel work pretty much the same way.

In this picture I opened the GEN BREAKERS to show how it SHOULD look.

You cannot have two types of electrical power at the same time.
*You have engine driven generators
*External power
*APU if equipped

Only one of these sources at a time will work.

The way it should work is lets say you have just pulled into the gate and the engines are still running, the ground power is plugged in. The F/E selects external on the meters selector switch. If the voltage and frequency are within limits the F/E then selects ON by closing the external selector switch. As the switch is moved to the close or ON position the first thing that happens is a signal is sent to trip the MGR (main generator relay) on the F/E panel which is labeled GEN BREAKER. It is the middle switch on the electrical panel. This trip must happen before the external power relay closes to prevent multiple power sources. The same is true in reverse, if external power is on and the engine is started, the closing of the GEN BREAKER will first trip the external off so as to avoid two sources at the same time. The engine driven generators are considered the same power source since they go through the BUS TIE BREAKERS which provide sync bus protection.

Now the rub... this is not modeled correctly in the 707 or 727 in that the GEN BREAKERS do not illuminate when power is changed over. This does not seem to affect power to the plane, but is not correct.

Lou   

Processor: Intel Core i7-4770k @3.5Ghz Memory: 6Gb DDR3 1600mhz Video: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 Storage: 256Gb Samsung 840 Pro | 120Gb OCZ Agility 3 | WD Black 640Gb 7200rpm 55" Samsung LED - HDTV for monitor

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top