Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
 10 Anyone tried the Turboprop Simulations -C130 Sound (Read 15853 times)
Raymar99

Anyone tried the Turboprop Simulations -C130 Sound
Jun 29th, 2010 at 6:05pm
Print Post  
Turboprop Simulations - Lockheed C-130 Hercules Sound Pack FSX.

Anyone have this?  It costs about the same as my entire C-130 all in one pack did when it was on sale last December.

RayM

IP Logged

santafejay

Re: Anyone tried the Turboprop Simulations -C130 Sound
Reply #1 - Jul 1st, 2010 at 1:48am
Print Post  
I have it and think it's a terrific add-on.  Really nice effects and those Allison's really come to life.

santafejay&&

IP Logged

Raymar99

Reply #2 - Jul 1st, 2010 at 1:22pm
Print Post  
That is good to hear.  I hate to pay the same for the sound pack as I did for the entire ProPack for the C-130.  Something just doesn't seem right in that picture, but I do hate the screwed up sounds in the cs version.

Thanks.

RayM

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #3 - Jul 1st, 2010 at 3:25pm
Print Post  
Captain Sim have said they are working on an update for the C-130. I'm not sure if it will include improved sounds though. So I'll hold off for now. Just in case.
As for the cost of the Turboprop Simulations C-130 Sounds ($AU14.10), seeing as I paid the full price for C-130 X-perience ($AU67.10) when I bought it, the additional cost of the sounds are a lot less than the cost of the original plane for me.

Mark

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

Raymar99

Reply #4 - Jul 1st, 2010 at 6:39pm
Print Post  
Mark, let me make my position crystal clear - I'm not talking about improved sounds, I am talking about correcting errors in the sound program delivered with the product.  The sounds are fine when they are there, they just fade out and in and that is not what a C-130 sounds like.  They fade out sharply or maybe dropout EVERY time on the takeoff run or full throttle and don't come back until some keyboard key is pressed.  That just aint't right.  Even the first reviewers picked up on it and was told it would be corrected. 

Yes, these 24 hour sales are really nice for building up a good hanger full of top notch flyware.  I paid $15.00 and change for the full x-Pro 3 everything package last December.  That is why it is so tough to spend almost the same to get the sound corrected.

I would think a simple patch would be in order. Just mho. Shocked

Ray

IP Logged

seehunt

Reply #5 - Apr 10th, 2013 at 3:15pm
Print Post  
I Purchased and installed the TS ( $14.00 ) sound pak and had nothing but problems, even the author couldn't help me, ended up getting a refund and my 130 sound is now corrupt.

Seehunt

IP Logged

Don-P1126

Reply #6 - Apr 10th, 2013 at 4:40pm
Print Post  
Sorry Mark but to intended beat the dead horse here but we've been hearing about this update since 2008.  I am not overly optimistic that an update will be forthcoming.  I hope it will but seems other projects override loyal customers.   

Don

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #7 - Apr 10th, 2013 at 5:37pm
Print Post  
Don-P1126 wrote on Apr 10th, 2013 at 4:40pm:
Sorry Mark but to intended beat the dead horse here but we've been hearing about this update since 2008.  I am not overly optimistic that an update will be forthcoming.  I hope it will but seems other projects override loyal customers.  

Don

What can I say? When I posted about an update for the C-130, Captain Sim had replied, to a query from someone (maybe me), that one would be done. Huh

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

Don-P1126

Reply #8 - Apr 10th, 2013 at 10:08pm
Print Post  
I hope your right Mark.

IP Logged

lcdtmd

Reply #9 - Oct 26th, 2013 at 3:26am
Print Post  
I purchased the Turboprop Simulations - Lockheed C-130 Hercules Sound Pack FSX and installed it.  My complaint is that I still only get cockpit engine noise when I scan either all the way to the left or right.  Respectively, I here the left engines when scanned to the left and right engine noise when scanned to the right.  I get no engine sounds when my view is straight ahead  or ~ 45 degrees left or right.   This is the same for all cockpit views.  I do get engine sounds when viewing the cargo bay.  This is the same exact problem I was having before I installed the Turboprop Simulations - Lockheed C-130 Hercules Sound Pack FSX.   The sound works fine with all the exterior views.  Any suggestions here or people with similar problems?

Thanks for your help in advance.

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #10 - Oct 27th, 2013 at 3:44am
Print Post  
lcdtmd wrote on Oct 26th, 2013 at 3:26am:
I purchased the Turboprop Simulations - Lockheed C-130 Hercules Sound Pack FSX and installed it.  My complaint is that I still only get cockpit engine noise when I scan either all the way to the left or right.  Respectively, I here the left engines when scanned to the left and right engine noise when scanned to the right.  I get no engine sounds when my view is straight ahead  or ~ 45 degrees left or right.   This is the same for all cockpit views.  I do get engine sounds when viewing the cargo bay.  This is the same exact problem I was having before I installed the Turboprop Simulations - Lockheed C-130 Hercules Sound Pack FSX.   The sound works fine with all the exterior views.  Any suggestions here or people with similar problems?

Thanks for your help in advance.

I don't recall having that problem with the Turboprop Simulations - Lockheed C-130 Hercules Sound Pack. I do think it's better than the default C-130 Sound though.
I'm currently reinstalling FSX and all my addons, so I'll reinstall the sound pack (it is down the bottom of the list, but I'll bump it up) and see if it happens to me too. Wink

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

lcdtmd

Reply #11 - Oct 27th, 2013 at 4:11am
Print Post  
Thanks for the response Mark.  That sounds like a lot of work reinstalling all of that software.  It seems like there should be a relatively simple solution for this cockpit sound problem, but it sounds like there have been similar problems with the C-130 sound for years now.  It's a shame because otherwise it's a great aircraft and a very good sim.  A dead silent cockpit really detracts from the realism and enjoyment of flying the C-130.  I'm keeping the faith that Captain Sim will give us a quick fix for this problem.

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #12 - Oct 27th, 2013 at 5:40am
Print Post  
I would assume that if there is a problem with the Turboprop Simulations - Lockheed C-130 Hercules Sound Pack, that it is not a Captain Sim problem. I'm saying this because the sounds are installed into the sound folder and are controlled by the sound.cfg found in that folder. Seeing as that is not the Captain Sim sound.cfg, the problem might be there.

Anyway, I reinstalled the Turboprop Simulations - Lockheed C-130 Hercules Sound Pack, and it's working fine in my CS C-130. It doesn't seem to be doing in mine, the same as it is in yours.  Sad

I renamed the sound folder in the FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\CS_C130 folder before installing the Sound Pack. Not that I really think it would make a difference because the sound.cfg from the Sound Pack would overwrite the Captain Sim one. At least I assume it would. Undecided

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

lcdtmd

Reply #13 - Oct 29th, 2013 at 5:54pm
Print Post  
Quote:

PROBLEM SOLVED!!!

Blame it on the dog.  Let's just say my Pit-Beagle, AKA the Evil Genius, likes to jam himself in tight places if he sniffs out even a crumb of something potentially tasty.  So apparently he must have knocked one of the RCA cables just loose enough to disable one of the speakers.  It all goes back to the first two rules of electronics, i.e. is it plugged in, is it turned on.

I'll re-install the Turboprop Simulations Sound Pack and let you know how it goes.

IP Logged

X24

Reply #14 - Jul 16th, 2014 at 3:07pm
Print Post  
Hi, I know this is an old post but it seems I have to post a whole bunch of replies before I can post any new topics so that's what I'll do. Pity, because this is one of my favourite add-ons and this is the only forum where I have to prove myself before I'm considered worthy enough.. So, the forum itself is a simulation of the real world? I've been doing some work compiling performance data and other reference material but I'll have to wait a few months before I'll get a chance to share any of it. How do you ask questions? Apart from this?

I've got the Turboprop Simulations C-130 soundpack and like most things in FSX, it is not perfect in every situation, but when I'm watching a flight replay in say, Flypast view, then this sound pack sounds awesome. Turn the speakers up, and enjoy the noise. I've used this soundpack with the Orion, and the Iris C-27 which has sustantially the same engines. Gotta love those big turboprops!

I reckon that it's worth getting for sure, just for the moments when it DOES sound good, 'cos when it does, it sounds great. Just my thousand drachmas worth...

&&C-130 X-perience I & II | FSX Gold | Intel Core i5-2500K @ 3.3GHz | 8GB DDR3 | Nvidia GTX570 | 24" LCD Monitor | 1 x 1TB HDD | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top