Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
 10 Altitude Callouts Mod (Read 23047 times)
Matt2218

Altitude Callouts Mod
Jan 18th, 2010 at 8:14pm
Print Post  
Greetings -

For those of you who would like to add Boeing-777 style altitude callouts to your CS 727, I've uploaded a mod package called "CS_727_callouts.zip" here:

Edit: Uploaded to Flightsim.com...search "callouts".

It features callouts at the following Radioaltimeter heights: 2500'/1000'/500'/100'/50'/40'/30'/20'/10'. It also includes callouts at "Approaching Minimums" (~100' above Decision Height setting) and "Minimums" (at Decision Height setting). The MDA and DH lights will also come on at the proper time.

Due to the way the CS panel gauges are designed, to get the DH callouts/lights to work you'll need to install two modified gauge .cabs (I've included them) and designate keys on your keyboard to increase/decrease the Decision Height setting.

Note: if you are using this mod, you will not want to use the gauge .cab in the "MDA Light Fix" that I did previously.

Enjoy -

IP Logged

javiercuellar

Re: Altitude Callouts Mod
Reply #1 - Jan 18th, 2010 at 8:37pm
Print Post  
Thanks!!!! I'll test it.

IP Logged

Berlopez

Denmark<br />

Reply #2 - Mar 23rd, 2010 at 10:22pm
Print Post  
I'm having problems installing...
1- don't know exactly where to add the new lines in the panel.cfg
2-When I add the two new .GAU files to the panel they don't replace?

Do I have manually move out the old ones? Cheesy

<div class=
IP Logged

Matt2218

Reply #3 - Mar 24th, 2010 at 9:47pm
Print Post  
Bernardo;

I tried to reply to your email but it didn't work Sad

Here is what I wrote you:

To the "Don't Sink" I changed my [GPWS] section of the aircraft.cfg to read this:

[GPWS]
max_warning_height         =  1200
sink_rate_fpm              = -1500
excessive_sink_rate_fpm    = -2000
climbout_sink_rate_fpm     = -1500
flap_and_gear_sink_rate_fpm= -1500

It worked for me.

For the callouts, here's more "step by step" instructions for you:

1) First, in YOUR "CS_B727-100/panel" folder, take out the following .cabs (put them somewhere safe):
Captain_Sim.p721.L09.CAB
Captain_Sim.p721.L13.CAB

Then, put my NEW versions of those two gauges into CS_B727-100/panel. Keep in mind you will now need to assign keys on your keyboard to set the Decision Height (minimums) now.

2) Next, to install the callouts do this:

To install gauges:
- Open the folder CS_727_Callouts.zip
- Open the folder "Boeing Callouts FSX"
- Open the folder "Gauges"
- Copy the gauge files there (Callout_BigJets.cab, Callout_smalljets.cab, Callout_sound.dll)
- Paste those three gauge files into your FSX/Gauges folder.

To install sounds:
- Open the folder CS_727_Callouts.zip
- Open the folder "Boeing Callouts FSX"
- Open the folder "Sound"
- Copy the folder "callout"
- Paste the intact folder "Callout" into your FSX/Sound folder.

To modify your panel.cfg:

- Back up your file CS_B727-100/panel/panel.cfg
- Open the CS_B727-100/panel/panel.cfg and go down to the section [VCockpit01]
- After the last gauge listed there, paste the following lines:

gaugeXX=CALLOUT_SOUND!dsd_xml_sound3, 0,0,0,0, Sound\CALLOUT\Sound.ini
gaugeXX=CALLOUT_SmallJets!CALLOUT2500,      0,0,0,0
gaugeXX=CALLOUT_SmallJets!CALLOUT1000,      0,0,0,0
gaugeXX=CALLOUT_SmallJets!CALLOUT500,      0,0,0,0
gaugeXX=CALLOUT_SmallJets!CALLOUT100,      0,0,0,0
gaugeXX=CALLOUT_SmallJets!CALLOUT50,      0,0,0,0
gaugeXX=CALLOUT_SmallJets!CALLOUT40,      0,0,0,0
gaugeXX=CALLOUT_SmallJets!CALLOUT30,      0,0,0,0
gaugeXX=CALLOUT_SmallJets!CALLOUT20,      0,0,0,0
gaugeXX=CALLOUT_SmallJets!CALLOUT10,      0,0,0,0
gaugeXX=CALLOUT_SmallJets!CALLOUTMIN,     0,0,0,0
gaugeXX=CALLOUT_SmallJets!CALLOUTAPPMIN,  0,0,0,0

- Renumber the gaugexx entries, starting with the next number in order.
- Save

****You will need to edit the panel.cfg file for each variant of the 727 that you have installed.

Give these procedures a try and I hope they will work for you!

Good luck;

Matt

IP Logged

Berlopez

Denmark<br />

Reply #4 - Mar 25th, 2010 at 3:33pm
Print Post  
Hi Matt: Thanks for posting this here. Strange I keep getting e-mails into my box...You're the second person that tells me you can't send me mails???
I fallowed your intructions here to the "T" and I loaded an IFR flight on my 727-100 Base Pack v2.4 ( So I only have that one) Upon approach no callouts sounded I already had the sounds added as you write. I copied form your readme where they are already numbered...I also removed and saved the .GAU files nad put in the new ones you include...(?)...And added them...I also c/p your [GPSW] section and changed it in the aircraft.cfg file. Upon approaching the airpoprt I got the Don't sink & Pull-up calls again; Even thought I "saved" the file,with the new section.

<div class=
IP Logged

Matt2218

Reply #5 - Mar 25th, 2010 at 4:20pm
Print Post  
Berlopez wrote on Mar 25th, 2010 at 3:33pm:
Hi Matt: Thanks for posting this here. Strange I keep getting e-mails into my box...You're the second person that tells me you can't send me mails???
I fallowed your intructions here to the "T" and I loaded an IFR flight on my 727-100 Base Pack v2.4 ( So I only have that one) Upon approach no callouts sounded I already had the sounds added as you write. I copied form your readme where they are already numbered...I also removed and saved the .GAU files nad put in the new ones you include...(?)...And added them...I also c/p your [GPSW] section and changed it in the aircraft.cfg file. Upon approaching the airpoprt I got the Don't sink & Pull-up calls again; Even thought I "saved" the file,with the new section.

I'm sorry Bernardo, I am totally baffled then. I have posted those callout gauges online...with 2000 downloads nobody has emailed me to say that they just didn't work. That combined with the "dont sink" problem I wonder if there is something going on with your system or installation.  I wish I could tell you something more positive.

One other solution to try with the "Dont sink" problem is to change the first line of the [GPWS] section to this:

max_warning_height = -1 //disable integral FSX GPWS

Should make the GPWS totally inoperative...

IP Logged

Berlopez

Denmark<br />

Reply #6 - Mar 25th, 2010 at 4:30pm
Print Post  
HI Matt: Thanks for assisting me with this. I'm trying a new installation of the sounds...I just realized that I didn't have the .cab files and the sound.ini in my gauges folder. So I shouldn't have a reason to complain. It's me confusing myself. I'll disable the GPSW as you suggest. I'm running vista.It shouldn't have anything to do with it...It's more than likely me. I'll report...All is well now...I had forgotten to move the .GAU files and the sound .ini to FSX/Gauges
Sorry for the inconvenience Matt.

<div class=
IP Logged

Matt2218

Reply #7 - Mar 25th, 2010 at 11:55pm
Print Post  
Berlopez wrote on Mar 25th, 2010 at 4:30pm:
HI Matt: Thanks for assisting me with this. I'm trying a new installation of the sounds...I just realized that I didn't have the .cab files and the sound.ini in my gauges folder. So I shouldn't have a reason to complain. It's me confusing myself. I'll disable the GPSW as you suggest. I'm running vista.It shouldn't have anything to do with it...It's more than likely me. I'll report...All is well now...I had forgotten to move the .GAU files and the sound .ini to FSX/Gauges
Sorry for the inconvenience Matt.

Bernardo - couldn't email you back again (either address)...

Anyway, no problem my friend - happy to help and glad you got it figured out!  Cool

If you have any other questions try my email any time (I don't read the forum all the time).

Matt

IP Logged

Berlopez

Denmark<br />

Reply #8 - Mar 26th, 2010 at 7:27am
Print Post  
Thanks Matt: Can't understand my e-mail, I still get mail form others to this address?...
Now I've assingned keys for my desicion height settings.

To disable the GPSW completly? Do I just add that line and keep the other? Or delete the others below?

Thanks Matt.

<div class=
IP Logged

Matt2218

Reply #9 - Mar 26th, 2010 at 10:57am
Print Post  
Berlopez wrote on Mar 26th, 2010 at 7:27am:
Thanks Matt: Can't understand my e-mail, I still get mail form others to this address?...
Now I've assingned keys for my desicion height settings.

To disable the GPSW completly? Do I just add that line and keep the other? Or delete the others below?

Thanks Matt.

Bernardo -

You can replace the entire section with this:

[GPWS]
max_warning_height         =  -1//disable FSX GPWS

If you have the other lines there it won't hurt, but they are pointless unless you go below sea level Smiley  Just make sure you only have one "max_warning_height" line!

Please let us know how this works out!

IP Logged

Berlopez

Denmark<br />

Re: Altitude Callouts Mod ?
Reply #10 - Mar 26th, 2010 at 8:32pm
Print Post  
Matt2218...I'll give you a "9"...Words of appreciations aren't just enough...The 727 captain has been one of my FS favorites since Legendary in Fs9...Yes it has and is a long road to fix all the draw backs it has has through its' history here at captainsims' Still a Super Great historical plane and addition to FS.Just added the line to the GPSW section as you first instructed and just tried a flight and upon descent to the runway they were quite...hweeyyyiiii...

Your imput together with LOU'S has been extremely valuable for this creation.

Solved my GPSW sound call and my altitude calls work great now.
Admitedly I made some mistakes during my installation of the gauge I've PM'ed you about this; I can only say persistance be the winner in the end...But I just noticed that the callout at takeoff "80 kts and takeoff.Aren't there??? maybe these callouts aren't part of your package. I have had/heard them before...They don't sound.anymore???
Is this because one replaces the original .CAB files? Captain_Sim.p721.L09.CAB
Captain_Sim.p721.L13.CAB

Thank you very much;

Berlopez

<div class=
IP Logged

Berlopez

Denmark<br />

Reply #11 - May 6th, 2010 at 8:35pm
Print Post  
Hello again Matt: I've suffered a crash on my sys. McAfee bug  Angry
And had to have my system formatted to get rid of it. Obviously I lost everything Angry Cry Had to have it done by technician.in order to get rid of the bug. I asked him too to unistall vista and install XP home edition which I own the disc. Then when I got my computer back began to reinstall everything... I asked the terchnician to save some files and folders where I had some important downloads/links and info. Like the 727 and all the corrected files. I can't get the alt.calls to work. I somehow contacted Stefan who kindly helped me and gave me the  correct references,after I sent him a copy of my panel.cfg I get them to sound...But not all of them...Down to 1000'...after that no alt calls???

My e-mail is back on line. After this mcAfee bug thingy. I lost yours?...And somehow I got confused and contacted Stefan instead of you.

Can you assist me again? And I apologize. Embarrassed

Bernardo

<div class=
IP Logged

TacomaSailor

Re: Altitude Callouts Mod - download links don't work
Reply #12 - Mar 16th, 2011 at 11:49pm
Print Post  
I know this thread is over a year old but I am just getting around to trying to install landing altitude callouts to my CS 727s

When I go to the mediafire.com link shown in the first thread I get a message that the requested file is not found on the system.

Where can I find CS_727_Callouts.zip?

ASUS P7P55D PRO / 4GB Corsair DD3 PC12800 / Intel i5-750 (OC) / eVGA 8800GTS (640MB) / Vista32 / FSX Acceleration

IP Logged

ottoramsaig

An earth bound misfit
I........

Re: Altitude Callouts Mod - download links don't work
Reply #13 - Mar 17th, 2011 at 1:07pm
Print Post  
TacomaSailor wrote on Mar 16th, 2011 at 11:49pm:
I know this thread is over a year old but I am just getting around to trying to install landing altitude callouts to my CS 727s

When I go to the mediafire.com link shown in the first thread I get a message that the requested file is not found on the system.

Where can I find CS_727_Callouts.zip?

Same here, is this mod still available?

IP Logged

wiltzei

Reply #14 - Mar 17th, 2011 at 1:48pm
Print Post  
Send mail to wwa2218 (at) live.com maybe he“ll upload it again.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top