Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Cold and dark? (Read 7287 times)
drdante1

Cold and dark?
Sep 27th, 2008 at 11:08pm
Print Post  
Hi is there a way to make the 757 start cold and dark because I can never setup this beauty properly without starting cold and dark. I always mess something up or something does not work. Also...I have a problem shooting the ILS. I catch the localizer but it will never catch the G/S (I am always at the proper intercept alt.) The LOC button lights up but not the APP butt even though I have clicked it!

Please help,

Thanks - Dante

IP Logged

drdante1

Re: Cold and dark?
Reply #1 - Sep 27th, 2008 at 11:40pm
Print Post  
Also...I really can't do anything "professional" in the 757. My IRS wont align, i always have a few warnings that I have no idea how to get rid of. My brake source light is ALWAYS on and my brakes are always on once I am in the air. My FMC will not hold my route (I will program it, activate and execute but it will never stay...it always goes away). Please help...I really need to be guided from once I am in the plane all the way to the threshold of my destination! I just don't get it or the manual. I am using FSX btw.

Thanks,
Dante

IP Logged

Cthulhus

If it's Boeing,   I'm
going !

Reply #2 - Sep 28th, 2008 at 8:44am
Print Post  
For the Cold and Dark, load the Cessna 172 and turn it off (but not its avionic then, load your 757)

You'll be in cold and dark ! Now save the situation.

I know that a freeware exist on the net that allow you to turn in 1 sec any aircraft in cold and dark. Search on AVSIM maybe.

And for your IRS, please tell me for which version it is ? FSX ? FS9 ? Both products are really different.

I had a bug with the IRSs before and installing FSUIPC solve my problem !

See ya

Xavier Jehl (Cthulhus) &&&&
IP Logged

drdante1

Reply #3 - Sep 28th, 2008 at 11:57am
Print Post  
FSX and I do have FSUIPC installed ( I used it for a VA I used to fly for)

IP Logged

drdante1

Reply #4 - Sep 28th, 2008 at 12:27pm
Print Post  
After using the cold and dark gauge from AVSIM, I followed the normal procedures and I am still stuck in the same boat. Here are a few pics of what I'm left with...
OVERHEAD PANEL...IRS in OFF MODE

OVERHEAD PANEL...IRS in ALIGN but nothing happens...not align light ever comes on  

Here is what I am left with

IP Logged

Recency

Reply #5 - Oct 10th, 2008 at 10:02pm
Print Post  
Simple 16 steps for the Captain Sim 757 start up procedure.  Cold and Dark start.

1. Make sure all buttons are off.  In other words turn off all gauges and switches followed lastly by the Standby toggle and battery switch.

2.  Begin the start up by turning the battery switch on.

3.  Turn on STBY Power to Auto.

4.  Turn on APU Gen, Bus ties, L and R utility bus followed by the L and R Gen Cont.

5.  Turn APU (under gen drive disc) to start.  This APU toggle button will automatically switch to on.

6.  Wait for a steady run light that is at the left of the APU toggle switch.  Note that the light may dis-appear a few times before it becomes steady.

7.  After steady light, turn on the APU/Isolation valves that are located on the far right side under the duct press psi gauge.  Press the bottom 3 switches then press the single switch above the 3 bottom switches.  Note that the off light probably will remain lit along with the on light.

8.  Turn the eng start switch to 2 that is in the middle of the over head panel.

9.  Proceed down to the eng start toggle switch and turn the RIGHT engine toggle to GND.

10.  Proceed down and turn on the left and right pumps (both AFT and FWD).  Leave the fuel cross feed to off.

11.  Press the “P” Icon to display the thrusters and bottom L and R  fuel knobs.  If the engine is having trouble starting, click the right or left fuel knobs to open fuel line.

12.  Repeat steps 8, 9 and 11 for the left engine start.

13.  After engines have started turn off ALL that were turned on in step 7.

14.  Next, turn off the APU Toggle switch. (step5)

15.  Last,  turn the rest of the switches and toggles switches on.  For example,  all HYD Switches , L and R packs and so on.

16.  That’s it. Have fun.

If these steps help you or anyone else please reply.
Thank You.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top