Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  Send TopicPrint
 25 Legendary C-130 Extra Pack Support (Read 42226 times)
Mr.toto

Re: Legendary C-130 Extra Pack Support
Reply #15 - Jul 6th, 2008 at 6:17pm
Print Post  
Hi alan

i saved format all vc flies
now the problem are gone

Thank you very very much
toto

Wink Wink

IP Logged

Santos-Dumont

Reply #16 - Jul 7th, 2008 at 2:05am
Print Post  
Hi Alan,

I did the search once more in those files and now, with a great thankfull to your technical and efficient support, there are no more CTD's, and I can fly with all models!

The first time I've made the change, I saved only the C130_C6_T and there are two files to be saved in extended 16 bit 565: C130_C6_T and C130_C13_T.

Tks a lot and have nice flights with the Hercs in fs9!!!!!!!

The more you fly, the more you learn. So, don't try to fly like your mom wants: slowly and low!!!&&

IP Logged

Santos-Dumont

Reply #17 - Jul 7th, 2008 at 10:16pm
Print Post  
Hi Alan,

Don't know why, but the problem persists (moving from 2D to VC, CTD)!! I've checked all BMP's once more and they are correct saved. Don't know what to do! Don't know if Captainsim is abble to help us with that issue (no more assistence or help from them, it's a chame, because it's a case of correcting something wrong with the product, and not because differences in users PC's configuration - I'm not asking for upgrades, TCE, etc, etc, only a solution from people who knows in deep the product)) but, if you have an idea of what is happening, I will be very thankfull to you!!!

All the best!

Fábio

The more you fly, the more you learn. So, don't try to fly like your mom wants: slowly and low!!!&&

IP Logged

eagle

Reply #18 - Jul 19th, 2008 at 1:48pm
Print Post  
I have issue with the textures too in stretched models. After installing, some of the textures in cargo bay had strange violet reflections.
I replaced the C130_C15_L.bmp with the same texture from Legendary C-130 (it had another compression format). The result -CTD after going to VC. So I replaced this texture with original C130_C15_L.bmp from stretched model that I backed up before... result - CTD (it was THE SAME texture that hasn't caused CTB before... very strange)!
I changed the C130_C15_L.bmp to BMP 32 bit using DxtBmp... CTD!
I deleted the C130_C15_L.bmp form C-133 texture folders... surprise, no CTD, but it hanged up after loading VC.

Only the reinstall of whole Expansion Pack helped - no CTD, but violet reflections in cargo bay again.

Isn't the strangest issue in FS ever? Could anyone please send me texture, that does not make my favorite plane crash?

IP Logged

FSvisions

Reply #19 - Aug 5th, 2008 at 8:23pm
Print Post  
I copied the files found in the folder FS9\Captain_Sim\130\never_modify into the texture folder of the liveries in the C-133 folder.
This solved my CTD's (both VC and 2D), but Now I have still one issue left: Some gauges do not read out correct. They give either min read out or the max read out, nothing between these two read-outs. Maybe someone is able to tell what to do to solve this?? Gauges involved are: torque, percent rpm, oil presure , oil quantity and radar altitude. Maybe some more I haven't seen yet.

IP Logged

FSvisions

Reply #20 - Aug 9th, 2008 at 9:42am
Print Post  
Any chance CS is looking into the problem mentioned above, however the official support has been suspended? Should be easy for people knowing where to look I think, as all other models are functioning well, but I don't know where to look...

Thank you CS!

IP Logged

fin10

Reply #21 - Aug 10th, 2008 at 1:12pm
Print Post  
Another small issue I have found, though not as major as a crash.  The panel is aliased to the original C130, failing to take into account the extra length of the fuselage therefore, when you look to the right and front right on the 2D panel, you can see the 'inside' of the virtual aircraft in the windows.  I am fairly sure from memory it just a case of altering a single figure in the panel.cfg file.  Can anyone point me in the right direction?

EDIT

Actually, in addition to this small issue, I am being plagued by a constant crash to desktop when using the C.Mk3.  Pretty much every single time I use it and all within 2 - 3 secs of starting FS.  All caused by the 2 d panel and in every case without being able to do anything to FS to influence the outcome due to the lack of time involved.  This is despite all the published fixes stated above. Angry

IP Logged

edrosario

Reply #22 - Sep 18th, 2008 at 8:43pm
Print Post  
I'm glad that so666 and some of you could solve the CTD problem saving those bmps in the mentioned format. Apparently, there are no common patterns because, unfortunately, that formula didn't work for me as the CTD was still there. Furthermore, I realised that all the C130_C6_T.bmp (including the basepack's) are saved in 16 bit (555) (which is supposed to be the culprit). So, in my understanding, it couldn't be the cause of the CTD because the rest of the liveries on all the other models worked perfect.

Why the model 23b worked for me and not the others? Because this model doesn't have the cargo compartment in VC, so it doesn't use the 2 extra bmps.
I realised that the textures in the C-133 have 2 extra bmps (C130_C17_T and C130_C17_L) that correspond to the starboard aft door. This C130_C17_T.bmp is saved in 32 bit format and THIS WAS THE CULPRIT!!!! At least in my case. Saving this bmp in 16 bit (565) did the trick for me. I have tested and retested all the C-133 liveries switching through all the view combinations and NO MORE CTD!!!

If so666 formula doesn't work for you, try this one... it might work.

Hope in God this will help some of you to solve the annoying CTD.

IP Logged

Santos-Dumont

Reply #23 - Sep 19th, 2008 at 3:47pm
Print Post  
Hi edrosario,

Tks a lot for this trick (tks a lot to so666 too)! Congrats on finding and solving the CTD issue! Now, all stretched versions are working fine for me too!!!

All the best,

Fábio

IP Logged

edrosario

Reply #24 - Sep 19th, 2008 at 7:12pm
Print Post  
@Fabio:

I'm very glad you solved the problem too. In the end, it doesn't matter which formula works for you... the most important thing is TO FULLY ENJOY THIS GREAT CS AIRPLANE!!!!. In this sense, we won the battle! Wink

Cheers,

Cool

IP Logged

cdavid6

Reply #25 - Dec 22nd, 2008 at 1:22pm
Print Post  
The texture fix for file 17 works great - thanks!

Has anyone been able to adjust the VC postion to fix the VC view in the longer models?

Also, has anyone been able to determine why some of the gauges don't work?

Any information is appreciated.

Thanks

IP Logged

typhoonthunder

Reply #26 - Feb 3rd, 2009 at 6:06pm
Print Post  
Does the Extra Pack work in the Just Flight version of C130?

IP Logged

Rob Johnston

Reply #27 - Feb 4th, 2009 at 3:44am
Print Post  
I would be so ever indebted to anyone that could provide tme with he proper files to the aircraft in the extra pack work properly. I continue to get CTD when using the L100 in VC. I have read the posts regarding this matter and how to make the corrections. However, I am unfamilair with making such changes.

One futher note, I think is is premature for Captain Sim to cease support of FS9 products. I have purchased numerous software products from other developers, one within the past month and they continue to support the FS9 community. As I will not be switching to FSX, I will not be making any additonal purchases from Captain Sim.

Thanks

Rob

IP Logged

Elmar

Reply #28 - Apr 12th, 2009 at 7:16pm
Print Post  
Hello together!

Well, i read a bit through the posts but didn't get any information about, how to configurate the LC-130 ... it should be possible to enable the fuel tanks and to disable the JATO, like the C-130T, isn't it?
I know there isn't any support for FS9 but it have to make it possible without the ACE, so i want to know how. Have I to use another model file or to configurate the panel.cfg or what?
By the way, what about external fuel tanks on the C-130H/J-30/L-100-30 models?

Thanks for help and please excuse my basic english.

Good bye and regards from Germany!
---
Elmar

IP Logged

grootpeter

Reply #29 - Dec 16th, 2009 at 8:52am
Print Post  
so666 wrote on Jun 26th, 2008 at 11:46pm:
The crashing to desk top of the streached c130 & L100 i have found the cause,it was caused by one of the vc texture.bmp being saved in a different format as the rest.
Trouble is its been that long since the forum was working i have forgotten which one in particular was the problem,so if you copy and paste the following files from your c130 basepack into the streached c130/l100 models:-
C130_C1_T
C130_C2_T
C130_C3_T
C130_C4_T
C130_C5_T
C130_C6_T
C130_C9_T
C130_C10_T
C130_C11_T
C130_C13_T
this stopped my extrapack  for fs9 crashing to  desktop.
I also noticed that if you had the refueller c130,the extra pack would take the refuelling hose panel symbol out,and you could not operate the refuel hoses,my cure was to reload the c130 refueller,then rename the panel files in the base pack/and any other c130 you have installed prior to the extra pack,and then reload the extra pack.
You then need to edit in note pad the original c130 packs,so they call up the renamed panels.
some faults i could not fix,they are:-
1) on the streached C130/L100,the cooling ducts are not on top of eng1,but are halfway into the upper left wing
2) on the L100-30 if you open the ramp door,you can see through the area where the rear L/R doors should be from inside to the outside
3) on the c130j-30/c130H-30/C-MK3 i cannot open the rear doors
4) do not configure them to work with the ace,as the ski jato smoke will replace the eng smoke,and captsim did not do the models required for the vc digital flightdeck,hence the black hole discribed in an earlier post,where the eng digital gauge should be,and you cannot get the external tanks to appear,as this needs extra models.
Captian sim did say they where not ace compliant.
I have also done a paintkit template for the streached drum,and tested it on our va repaint,if captsim could let me have the info as to where i can send it,you would just need this in conjunction with the original paintkits.
regards alan. Cool

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top