Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19 Send TopicPrint
 25 FMC TIPS,TRICKS,PROCEDURES-the only thread please (Read 233104 times)
aussie

Re: Cannot Save FMC Route Data
Reply #15 - Sep 3rd, 2008 at 11:09pm
Print Post  
Cool any idea to autotune ILS frequencies?  Lips Sealed

IP Logged

Neal

Re: Cannot Save FMC Route Data
Reply #16 - Sep 4th, 2008 at 7:24pm
Print Post  
I dont autotune the frequencies.

IP Logged

bin801

FMC question
Reply #17 - Aug 19th, 2008 at 11:16pm
Print Post  
Under what conditions, the approach ref page will show the ils(vor and crs)?
I did read FMS manual. The manual said, in Approach Ref page, ILS(VOR and CRS)will be blank prior to entering a destination runway in the active route. what means the exact destination? and active route?
If I trun back to the departure airport, I set depart airport as arrival in Leg page and chose runway in Dep/Arr page .
As manual said, I did not change the Rout page destination. is that also a active route destination? why I can not get ILS( vor and crs) in the approach ref page?So I have no way to capture the localizer
if I did wrong, what is the right way?

thanks

IP Logged

Neal

Re: FMC question
Reply #18 - Aug 20th, 2008 at 8:14pm
Print Post  
On the DEP/ARR page, you have the option, which I highly suggest you use to install an approach. For example Flying to LAX from the east you would use CIVET5 (its now RIVVR1, but whatever), which will guide you from either TNP (Twenty Nine Palms) or HEC (Hector) to the vor CIVET. Normally the ATC will give you instructions like Descend and maintain 3000 until on glide slope expect vectors RWY25R. You will select ILS25R in the DEP/ARR page after being given these instructions. Close the route, basically if you see a line that says ROUTE DISCONTINUITY with a bunch of boxes, click on the LSK (line select key) for the vor below the discontinuity and click the LSK for the empty line. this will close the route. Check your APP REF page again. You can also get the ILS and HDG from the map in flight simulator, click on the airport you are arriving at and go from there, the only weakness is that they dont give GSIA (glide slope intercept Altitude).

IP Logged

bin801

Reply #19 - Aug 21st, 2008 at 12:37am
Print Post  
Neal wrote on Aug 20th, 2008 at 8:14pm:
On the DEP/ARR page, you have the option, which I highly suggest you use to install an approach. For example Flying to LAX from the east you would use CIVET5 (its now RIVVR1, but whatever), which will guide you from either TNP (Twenty Nine Palms) or HEC (Hector) to the vor CIVET. Normally the ATC will give you instructions like Descend and maintain 3000 until on glide slope expect vectors RWY25R. You will select ILS25R in the DEP/ARR page after being given these instructions. Close the route, basically if you see a line that says ROUTE DISCONTINUITY with a bunch of boxes, click on the LSK (line select key) for the vor below the discontinuity and click the LSK for the empty line. this will close the route. Check your APP REF page again. You can also get the ILS and HDG from the map in flight simulator, click on the airport you are arriving at and go from there, the only weakness is that they dont give GSIA (glide slope intercept Altitude).

Thanks alot Neal
one more stupid question. If I don't have any 3party plan builder, then I can not chose a STAR in advance of next flight, am I right? then there will be conflict between FSX off-line ATC instruction and the transition I chose in addon jet, right? then which should I follow? what should I do? 
I am a new guy at serious jetsim,so, is there any misunderstanding of ILS lead me to these question? please let me know
thanks

IP Logged

Neal

Reply #20 - Aug 21st, 2008 at 7:28pm
Print Post  
I check flightaware.com and look a common routes between airports, and simroutes.com. I use Vroute and it will save a flight plan. I do not use FSX flight planner as I find it sub par. I do not use the ATC either. FS has a bad habit of being 5 minutes behind. It has caused some funky issues like a 747 trying to land on top of me! The CS 757 has a far better radar and TCAS than apparently the ATC does!

IP Logged

aussie

Reply #21 - Sep 4th, 2008 at 4:34am
Print Post  
Neal wrote on Aug 20th, 2008 at 8:14pm:
click on the airport you are arriving at and go from there, the only weakness is that they dont give GSIA (glide slope intercept Altitude).

GSIA = rwy elevation + 3000ft approx

so as long as you know rwy elevation one should be fine

IP Logged

Neal

Reply #22 - Sep 4th, 2008 at 7:26pm
Print Post  
I belive that flight simulator is fairly accurate vs. the published FAA airport information regarding TDZE.

IP Logged

pilot

Adding Kai Tak(Fly Tampa) to FMC of 757 Pro Pack
Reply #23 - Oct 16th, 2008 at 8:32pm
Print Post  
Hi All,

I just bought Fly Tampa's Kai Tak airport for FSX and was wondering how to get VHHX(Kai Tak) into the FMC database of the ProPack 757-200. Right now when I try to load a flight from anywhere into Kai Tak from FSX flight planner menu it says VHHX is not in the database. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Alex Smiley

Alex Chung

IP Logged

captain_alloush

Re: Adding Kai Tak(Fly Tampa) to FMC of 757 Pro Pack
Reply #24 - Oct 23rd, 2008 at 2:03am
Print Post  
Hello.
i haved the same proplem when i did a flight to KAI TAK
not in the 757 in anthoer aircraft,
vhhx is not in data base because we all know that KAI TAK was closed on 1990 i think,its easy actually,dont put vhhx because it dosent exist
put vhhh and when you come near KAI TAK do a visual landing.
Shocked and yeah the landing and the weather in hong kong really it dont help KAI TAK at all

IP Logged

aussie

Reply #25 - Oct 28th, 2008 at 2:02am
Print Post  
Goto C:/Program Files/Microsoft Games/Microsoft Flight Simulator X/Captain_Sim/navigation folder and locate the files Airports.db and Runways.db. First and formost backup those files somewhere else on your system and follow the steps below.

In Airports.db add the following after line (28;VHHH;22.308919;113.914603):

15;VHHX;22.316959;114.202621
save and close the file.
===============================
Now open Runways.db and add the following two lines at the end of the file:

VHHX;3;111.90;22.326667;3390;114.191667;13;088
VHHX;3;109.90;22.309570;3390;114.209178;31;316

save and close.

Thats it go fly.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

NOTE: this does not includes SID and STAR procedures. I've requested Terry(http://planepath.com/) to help me on that, so i'm waiting for his reply. If He responds i'll be happy to share that with you.

Happy Landings Cool

IP Logged

pilot

Reply #26 - Oct 28th, 2008 at 6:33pm
Print Post  
Dear Aussie,

Thanks mate, will give it a whirl!

Alex
Smiley

Alex Chung

IP Logged

aussie

Reply #27 - Oct 31st, 2008 at 1:00am
Print Post  
No problem!

An update!!!!!! (Cptain SIm Mod please read and "answer" this).

Terry responded by saying VHHX is already in the file database to which i told him its NOT so he rechecked it and figured out he missed it. I asked him to help me decipher the SID and STAR string in sidstar files so I can add data to them to help out community. He responded by saying it would be Copyright issue for him so ask Captain Sim regarding that.

IP Logged

Captain Sim 2
CS Team

Reply #28 - Oct 31st, 2008 at 12:49pm
Print Post  
Our navdata format description can be found at  this document

IP Logged

aussie

Reply #29 - Oct 31st, 2008 at 1:15pm
Print Post