Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
KC-130: Make inflight refueling pods work? (Read 5770 times)
Glocke

KC-130: Make inflight refueling pods work?
Jul 14th, 2007 at 1:40pm
Print Post  
I do NOT have the C-130 basic model. I only bought the KC-130 expansion model because of its inflight refueling option. After installation I can't find the auxiliary fuel control panel (probably  because VC is not included in the pack).

Is there a key-solution to reel out the refueling pods?

Would I have to purchase the C-130-basic model to make the refueling system work?

Thanks in advance for your help!
Glocke

IP Logged

so666

Re: KC-130: Make inflight refueling pods work?
Reply #1 - Jul 14th, 2007 at 2:12pm
Print Post  
Hi Glocke.
I too purchased the kc-130,but i already had the c-130 pro and c-130j addon,so i dont know if you have the 2d panel,i know you need the c-130 base or c-130 pro,in order to get full functionality of the aircraft plus the vc cockpit,but in the 2d flight deck,you should have a panel of symbols in the lower left corner,if you do,then click on the hose symbol to bring up the refuel panel,its just above the blank symbol,i think is about the 3 one up from the bottom,on the right.
regards alan. Cool

IP Logged

Glocke

Reply #2 - Jul 14th, 2007 at 3:26pm
Print Post  
Hi Alan,
in the KC-130 manual it says:
The ‘KC-130 Model’ expansion package does not require any C-130 base package and can be installed to default installation of the MS FS2004.
In this case user will get the following KC-130 setup:
- Original Captain Sim C-130 Flight Model (aircraft.cfg and .air files)
- Original Captain Sim set of KC-130 Models
- Sound - Alias to default Beech King sound
- Panel - Alias to default B747 panel
- No textures in VC
- No gauges in VC

Well, I thought that's enough for me, as long as the inflight refueling works. In the add, there is a nice picture of the pods, which encouraged me to buy the expansion model only. I would be rather dissapointed if I'd to post-install the base pack.
Glocke

IP Logged

so666

Reply #3 - Jul 14th, 2007 at 4:55pm
Print Post  
Hi Glocke.
Well that would explain your problem,have you tried pressing the keys shift+1 throught to 9,to see if you get the symbol panel up,as the hose reel panel is a new panel for this aircraft,if this is not the case,and you find that you have to pay for and download the c-130 pro,then you may find that you would have to re install the kc-130 after the c-130 pro,as they have to be installed in that order.
regards alan. Cool

IP Logged

Glocke

Reply #4 - Jul 14th, 2007 at 8:09pm
Print Post  
Hi Alan,
as FS-addict I bought the c-130 pro, installed everything properly and now I can pop up the fuel control panel and extract the fuel pods in the KC-130 model. By the way, why doesn't the VC show only in this model, but in all the others?

I must say, that I do feel a little shortchanged by the CaptainSim-advertisement, provoking the expertation, that the KC-130 expansion model ALONE would allow inflight refueling.

Best
Glocke

IP Logged

so666

Reply #5 - Jul 14th, 2007 at 8:43pm
Print Post  
Hi Glocke.
They do put a note about limited useage,if the C-130 pro is not installed first.
I had the same problem with the KC-130 when i first flew it,all my other c-130 aircraft had already been set up to my preferences,but it is easy to fix,it comes like that by default,so use the ACE select existing,then select kc-130.
Then select the tab PREFLIGHT,select kc-130,then go to cockpit tab,selct vc ON,then other preferences to suit you and your machine,save settings,then close ACE.
then open fs9 and fly.
regads alan. Cool

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top